Turn on thread page Beta

urgent gcse revision help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    sitting gcse's in 4 weeks, big big panic coming on, ne1 got ne good last minute revision tips!?!

ReputationRep:
    you'll be fine, 4 weeks is long enough to revise

ReputationRep:
    You could condense your notes. That forces you go to over the material, and also provides you with a revision aid, as it means that you have fewer notes to revise on. You could try creating mind maps or revision cards. You could also make up questions and see if you can answer them and get friends and family to test you.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers is the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    4weeks is no where near long enough 4me 2revise!!! + if i c anotha past paper, i'll cry!!!! thanks 4the advice tho evry1. ne mre would b gr8fully welcomed. x

ReputationRep:
    Read notes, and make sure you get enough sleep, it really does help.

ReputationRep:
    You must have a bad school

I've done no revision yet, Basically I've got 3 1/2 weeks when I get back on Monday then we get nearly 2 weeks off before a RE exam, and then Media Studies exam and a Electronics exam which TBH all are pretty easy to do without revision and then we get a whole week off before the harder exams begin! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    message to johnt: dont know u in the slightest but im sure u'll do fine.
    sleep could be the key i reckon! most of my notes dont make sense so they aint much use! x

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT READ, you will not revise well doing that...your best way is to break all your subjects down into the separate topics, and then aim to revise them steadily up until the exams, and once you are on study leave you should start to look at what exams you have first, and which subjects you are the most weak on.

BTW: I have 5 1/2 weeks until my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    shaft: good luck 4ur exams. how much study leave do you get? we only get 2weeks x

ReputationRep:
    U'll be fine people!...just enjoy ureself! Tkae some time out too. cos ull need it...try revising in small groups, that always help me if its active revsion and u dont end up messin!

ReputationRep:
    enjoy revisin + exams?! - thats easier said than done! cant wait til its all over tho, then i can rly let my hair down + have sum fun! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola.j.)
    enjoy revisin + exams?! - thats easier said than done! cant wait til its all over tho, then i can rly let my hair down + have sum fun! x
    I know its weird, but i remeber exactly what i woz like last year when i sat my gcse's...freakin out everytime i rembered i had exams...just take it easy...u have got loads of time yet...this time last year i woz doing my setchbooks for art exms...and so i know i didnt start revision!
    u'll be fine...gud luck!
    and then uve got the long holiday to look forward too! we have to start the a2 course straight after as!

ReputationRep:
    iv got 8 weeks holiday after the gcse's so i can look 4ward to that, but then im going to a new collge so thats the next worry!! good luck to you wiv ur as/a2 exams, im sure ul do fine + thanks 4the advise. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Past papers is the way forward.
    i agree with this!

ReputationRep:
    depends what past papers they are! maths is a definate 'no no'! x

ReputationRep:
    what ever question i didnt understand, i looked up how to do it so eventually you learn how to do all the questions. 4 weeks is plenty of time i think. good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenie787)
    what ever question i didnt understand, i looked up how to do it so eventually you learn how to do all the questions. 4 weeks is plenty of time i think. good luck anyway
    thanks, 4 the advice and thanks 4 the luck! i'll have 2come on soon + let evry1 who gave me advice know how i got on + whos advice i found best! xxx

ReputationRep:
    make a table and try to fit all ur syllabus's in it) and do up to 3 hours a day

You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola.j.)
    we only get 2weeks x
    we only get 10 days

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.