Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,
    I have dropped out/failed my first year in uni. Since January I have stopped going to uni because of personal circumstances and have not sat any of the exams. I have moved from overseas to the UK 4 years ago and decided to take up science a-levels(without actually thinking about it) and pharmacy at uni, only to realize that I absolutely hate the course.

Please help me. I would really like to have another go at uni, as I really enjoyed it, but I would prefer something not science related. My a-level results were A*,A,C,C (German, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology in that order, I have 4 a-levels and AS in Maths)
    What are my chances to get a course at Uni? And how do go on about it, as I am completely lost

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered Psychology?
    What are you interested in generally?

ReputationRep:
    Are you an international student? How are you funding uni. If not, why dont you take a gap year and work a bit, while you try to find out what you are interested in. I think may be a social science or a humanity subject like English or history you might like. You just reapply through UCAS, unless its the same Uni, i dont think they will know you dropped out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With those results at A level most universities would surely offer you a place. All is not lost at all. First of all you need to contact your university. If they have a student advice department then start there - otherwise contact your course leader and explain the situation. If you are classed as an international student I am not entirely sure of the way forward, however, if you are classified as a home student then you will have what is known as a 'gift' year - this means that you can get funding for another three-year degree course (although of course you will have had four years funding to pay back). Be prepared to start again from scratch (no bad thing) and make sure this time that you select a course you really like. You may be able to transfer onto another course wit the same university - so check that out first

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.