The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I hear ya.

I agree it's a personal opinion. What also bugs me is the separation between men and women, like slut-shaming and banter. Even, this thread for example, asking about girls, but not boys!

I'm with you there. Males who sleep around are seen as 'lads' or 'studs' but females are usually 'hoes' or 'sluts'. The latter or former term should apply to both regardless of a person's sex depending on your personal opinion.
I really don't see the problem. So what if a girl has slept around? As long as the sleeping around wasn't when she was in a relationship.
Nope I wouldn't. I've never been in a long relationship/ liking someone easily since I've broke with my very first boyfriend and we promise to sleep together when were ready but we never did. I respect myself too much to be able to sleep around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mankytoes
Do nice guys reject nice girls just because they've had casual sex?

Well, some do.

I personally would because, I feel it should only be done with someone you love as it is the most intimate thing you can do with someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bealzibub
Well, some do.

I personally would because, I feel it should only be done with someone you love as it is the most intimate thing you can do with someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems more judgemental than nice to me. I mean, it's fair enough to have your own ideas, but you're going to reject a really nice, attractive girl, just because she's had casual sex in the past? I don't see how that could be that important unless you see her as "tainted" in some way.
I would probably enjoy to do it but I honestly don't think I'd be able to handle the **** I'd get for doing it. Guys get a pat on the back but I'd be called a whore and looked down on by other girls, disrespected by quite a few men and not looked at as a good future partner even though when I am in a relationship I am completely committed and have never and would never cheat.
Original post by Mankytoes
That seems more judgemental than nice to me. I mean, it's fair enough to have your own ideas, but you're going to reject a really nice, attractive girl, just because she's had casual sex in the past? I don't see how that could be that important unless you see her as "tainted" in some way.

Oh, I should of made it clear, I wasn't suggesting that I'm a nice guy. Only the first line was just for the nice guy bit. I wouldn't see her tainted but if I'm saving it, I feel I kind of deserve it back. Everyone has stuff they look for in a girl, I don't see how this is very different to say rejecting a girl because she isn't pretty enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
No I have something called self-respect.
Original post by Rosie786
No I have something called self-respect.

That's quite harsh on the girls who choose to. Just because they have some casual sex doesn't mean they don't respect themselves.
Reply 29
That's quite harsh on the girls who choose to. Just because they have some casual sex doesn't mean they don't respect themselves.

Well I didn't say anything for anyone else.
Reply 30
No and No.I have values.
Original post by Rosie786
Well I didn't say anything for anyone else.

It was quite clear what you thought.
Reply 32
It was quite clear what you thought.

Well everyone have different moral values to others. Everyone can't be the same. But like I said before. I was sharing my own opinion.
Why is it more moral not to have sex outside of a relationship, especially if you're not religious? Well done you're not getting any, would you like a medal? I don't get it. Do what you want, as long as you're safe and consensual who cares. It's nobody else's business and any 'friend' who would judge you on something that really doesn't affect you isn't a friend I would want...I have slept with some people, so has my boyfriend, we have a lovely committed relationship and amazing sex. What is the problem?
Original post by Bealzibub
Oh, I should of made it clear, I wasn't suggesting that I'm a nice guy. Only the first line was just for the nice guy bit. I wouldn't see her tainted but if I'm saving it, I feel I kind of deserve it back. Everyone has stuff they look for in a girl, I don't see how this is very different to say rejecting a girl because she isn't pretty enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ok, on the original point maybe some nice guys reject nice girls because they've had casual sex, but I wouldn't say it's typical, a nice guy would surely tend not to hold someone's past against them?

I guess for me it's different because sexual attraction is necessary to have a good sexual relationship, whereas this is just a mental thing you can't get over.

Assuming you are one of these girls, why is it then that you feel the need to be anonymous when voicing this opinion?
Original post by Birkenhead
Assuming you are one of these girls, why is it then that you feel the need to be anonymous when voicing this opinion?

Although I don't actually sleep around, even voicing that you'd like to if given the chance have a casual sexual encounter or two as girl you get slated for being a whore even though it's a perfectly fine thing to do if you take precautions and have safe sex. I don't personally want to be slated for being a sexual person so I have chosen to be anonymous.
Although I don't actually sleep around, even voicing that you'd like to if given the chance have a casual sexual encounter or two as girl you get slated for being a whore even though it's a perfectly fine thing to do if you take precautions and have safe sex. I don't personally want to be slated for being a sexual person so I have chosen to be anonymous.

I don't see anyone being slated here for 'being a sexual person' (99% of us are that, of course, what you meant was being someone who has casual, even promiscuous sex). Just a small number of trolls and bitter posters whose abuse any self-respecting person would surely disregard. All I see against casual sex in this thread and on the forum generally are men are women respectfully saying they wouldn't be comfortable with the lifestyle and that they would be put off by someone who had indulged in it themselves.
Reply 38
they do. well they try. but their insecure too. and not every guy is interested.
Girls do you sleep around or would you sleep around/casual sex or do you have to be in relationship and connected to sleep with someone?(more meaningful)

You do you

Latest

Trending

Trending