Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you into Casual sex would you do it or are you a relationship sex person only?

ReputationRep:
    Only in a serious relationship.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No I'm not into casual sex. I'd only have sex while in a serious relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    Na, only in a serious relationship

ReputationRep:
    Only in a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Take this with a pinch of salt...

ReputationRep:
    How much do I get paid for it?

Spoiler:
    Show
    In seriousness, I don't actually know. Most likely not but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Take this with a pinch of salt...
    There are girls who dont like to casual sex i dont understand why guys cant see that.

ReputationRep:
    Only in serious relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm for it. Had a lot of fun in my first year of uni but now I'm in a relationship and I like sex with him much more than I did with anyone casually. Probably more to do with the fact I love him though. But yeah... Go get 'em girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nixon1)
    There are girls who dont like to casual sex i dont understand why guys cant see that.
    That's true, but what I think people should be wary of is of trusting the rational mind to be qualified in answering questions of emotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    That's true, but what I think people should be wary of is of trusting the rational mind to be qualified in answering questions of emotion.
    I think you will find plenty of girls that do have casual sex/would do it then you will find plenty of girls who wouldnt take part in casual sex and only have relationship sex, its all down to a individual not gender in my opinion. Same with guys not all guys are looking for just sex. Stereotypes can cause you to judge unfairly.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nixon1)
    I think you will find plenty of girls that do have casual sex/would do it then you will find plenty of girls who wouldnt take part in casual sex and only have relationship sex, its all down to a individual not gender in my opinion. Same with guys not all guys are looking for just sex. Stereotypes can cause you to judge unfairly.
    I agree.

My inclination is to say only in a relationship, but I'm not sure. I've been in a relationship since 17 (now 23) and only slept with my boyfriend, an arrangement I'm perfectly happy with as I love him very much and I don't think our sex life could be improved upon.

Imagining I was single (for argument's sake), atm I'm very neutral about casual sex. I don't think I'm missing out on it, but I feel no strong disinclination or moral objection to it either.

I'm quite sexually confident so I don't think nerves or shyness would hold me back if I was single. However, I do feel that I want to have some kind of a meaningful connection, remain safe and get decent sex where I orgasm. I'm not sure casual sex with a stranger can fulfill those criteria!

But casual sex with a friend, would risk developing feelings and getting into a mess.

Therefore the only kind of casual sex I can imagine getting into, would be sex at the beginning of a relationship / in the dating stage. Where I have a connection with someone I can reasonably trust and will "look after" me but where it isn't compromising a friendship. But some people would say that's in a relationship, rather than "casual". I'm also wary of this as I know there are people who fake feelings/ a connection just to have sex in the dating stage. If this happened to me I'd feel pissed off, not for the sex, but for the being fooled about the prospect of a relationship. Whereas, though it may be a crude test, you can use withholding sex to weed those ones out quickly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.