The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SharpenedPencils
Oh gosh, I hated chemistry F325, it was an awful paper, that seemed worse the longer I thought about it :frown: and thanks, I am sure you will do well too, I am dentistry too, hooraay! I think missing an offer is gonna be so terrible, cause I know how lucky I am to have got one :/

You hated F325? I thought it was nicer than the past papers, a bit too nice. What did you think of F324? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping for : A*AA

Expecting : A*A*A

How : With trepidation, she's a good friend

Celebrate : not until the Friday, will still be doing full time summer job on results day
and that's for A2
Woi look at all the A*'s and A's on here. I feel outta place.
Waiting for A2 results and predicted ABB. I'll most likely go in with a mate and open it with them in college so i can see how my friends did too, trying not to let on how my heart is beating like mad. If i don't get what i want i'll be gutted obviously but if i get what i want i'm not gonna go jumping around elated. I'll be saving that for home and be composed at college because some people will open their results and feel like crap so last thing they need to see is the pure joy of someone who did great. I've been on the other end and know what it's like :tongue: hope you all get what you deserve!
Original post by Jackass.
some people will open their results and feel like crap so last thing they need to see is the pure joy of someone who did great

That is a very good point, I never thought of that, I'll have to bear it in mind if all goes well, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 165
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAB

What are you expecting? AABB/ABBB

How will you open them? I have to wait until the 16th August to do so because I'm not at home ;( ;( ;(

How will you celebrate / react? I will be disappointed with ABBB and probably just swear at myself for a few hours and eventually go to sleep. If I get AAAB I would be absolutely over the moon and probably go out or something. If I get AABB (the most likely outcome) I don't really know how to react. I guess those grades are OK but I really needed an A in chemistry (which I know after consulting unofficial mark schemes is almost impossible) so will have to resit an exam next year. Either way, the whole thing will be a complete anti-climax.
A2

Hopefully A A A

Post actual exams I'm now thinking A A B

We get them via e-mail, so probably double click.

If they're bad: Panic. If they're good: Drink.
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
That is a very good point, I never thought of that, I'll have to bear it in mind if all goes well, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks haha! I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything i just think it's considerate to not be over the top happy when some will be the complete opposite, i'll obviously be ecstatic if i do well :P good luck to you also hope you get what you want! what results are you waiting for and what in? :smile:
Thanks haha! I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything i just think it's considerate to not be over the top happy when some will be the complete opposite, i'll obviously be ecstatic if i do well :P good luck to you also hope you get what you want! what results are you waiting for and what in? :smile:

It's a fair point, I was upset last year and it didn't help with people all going on about how well they did, I did appreciate the people that were subtle about it. I'm waiting for my A2 results in biology, psychology, and English lit, they'll decided whether I get into uni, scary stuff!! You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS

Hoping: AAAA
Expecting: AAAB
A2

Hoping: AAA

Expecting: between AAA and ABB

How I'll open them: probably behind a tree of something so nobody asks me how it went.

If they're good: Probably cry, and do an emotional air punch, then get completely wasted later on.
If they're bad: Definitely cry, consider my options and then get completely wasted later on.
It's a fair point, I was upset last year and it didn't help with people all going on about how well they did, I did appreciate the people that were subtle about it. I'm waiting for my A2 results in biology, psychology, and English lit, they'll decided whether I get into uni, scary stuff!! You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw i had that too at GCSE with some results, as you say it's appreciated when people are subtle. Ooooh i did psychology at AS and dropped it, forever regretted choosing geography over it, missing Freud :frown: my other two subjects are history and law which i think i'm fine with result wise, geography is my worry. I was in isolation one day because my geog and law exams clashed so didn't focus properly in my geog one. How do you think your exams went? :smile:
Aw i had that too at GCSE with some results, as you say it's appreciated when people are subtle. Ooooh i did psychology at AS and dropped it, forever regretted choosing geography over it, missing Freud :frown: my other two subjects are history and law which i think i'm fine with result wise, geography is my worry. I was in isolation one day because my geog and law exams clashed so didn't focus properly in my geog one. How do you think your exams went? :smile:

Yeah I had it at AS, I was one of those that needed AS as a wake up call :colondollar: I'm studying psychology at uni (hopefully), I love it! Freud was interesting, but odd :') it's good you're okay with the 2, shame about geography though, are you going to uni? I think they went okay, pressure in psychology because I need A's on both papers plus 6 extra UMS to get an A overall, biology I think was alright, but English let me down, it was my strongest subject but I was poorly on the day of the exam and panicking so I read the clock wrong and didnt finish, I need a C for an A overall so I'll just have to hope! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
History - A
Human Biology - A
Law - A
Chemistry - Anything above a C...

What are you expecting?
History - A/B
Human Biology - A
Law - A/B
Chemistry - D

How will you open them?
I'm away for results day, so they are being sent to my house. I will go in my room and open them by myself and give myself a few minutes to take it all in.

How will you celebrate / react?
If I do well, I'll just be in a good mood all day, I wouldn't "celebrate" as such.

If I do bad, my life would be over.
What I need: AAB
What I'm expecting: same AAB

Take the bus to school. The journey will feel really long. I'll try not to look at my phone or TSR or anything. Then when I finally reach school, take heavy steps to the library. There a teacher will hand me out an envelope. My whole body will be shaking at this point. When I start to tear the envelope, my stomach will be going all queasy. Take the paper out ever so slowly. Look at each grade one by one.

My reaction will go either way. I could be shaking with happiness. Or I'll be in a minute of silence, if I don't get my grades. Hopefully it will be a shriek due to happiness. Then I'll look around my friends and adjust my feeelings accordingly.

Then I'll take the same bus back home. This time hopefully it won't take too long.

What that days holds for me, it's yet to be decided...
What are you hoping for? A*A

What are you expecting? AB (I can guarantee at least an A in Maths, the push is for the A*, but i will be truly annoyed if i get a B in Physics since i have got an A in every exam so far with surplus UMS, but i absolutely hated the last exam we had and am dreading the results).

How will you open them? I will check track first, and based on how that went i will either open with caution or without care.

How will you celebrate / react?

Good: Content and happy i am going to one of my chosen universities.
Bad: Internal swearing and frustration with myself.
Yeah I had it at AS, I was one of those that needed AS as a wake up call :colondollar: I'm studying psychology at uni (hopefully), I love it! Freud was interesting, but odd :') it's good you're okay with the 2, shame about geography though, are you going to uni? I think they went okay, pressure in psychology because I need A's on both papers plus 6 extra UMS to get an A overall, biology I think was alright, but English let me down, it was my strongest subject but I was poorly on the day of the exam and panicking so I read the clock wrong and didnt finish, I need a C for an A overall so I'll just have to hope! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha why what did you get at AS? AS did kick me into gear a bit too in terms of understanding how scary it was knowing the importance of it all :tongue: yeah Freud was a little weird to say the least, not sure how much he helped Hans really :tongue: that's great! i heard psychology was quite boring this year though from friends? I always thought it was so interesting but it didn't fit my other subjects as much as geography. I am going to uni yep to do history, Derby is my plan how about you? Well if your enthusiasm for psychology matches the effort you put in i'm sure you'll have got them A's :smile: what did you get in AS for it? I was so shocked with the january paper in as much i thought it was so easy and got a C, i was speechless haha! Aw man, being ill during exam time is the biggest pain in the ass. Hopefully it won't matter as much though because if you only need a C for an A overall you're clearly really good at it so don't need all that time anyway :wink:
haha why what did you get at AS? AS did kick me into gear a bit too in terms of understanding how scary it was knowing the importance of it all :tongue: yeah Freud was a little weird to say the least, not sure how much he helped Hans really :tongue: that's great! i heard psychology was quite boring this year though from friends? I always thought it was so interesting but it didn't fit my other subjects as much as geography. I am going to uni yep to do history, Derby is my plan how about you? Well if your enthusiasm for psychology matches the effort you put in i'm sure you'll have got them A's :smile: what did you get in AS for it? I was so shocked with the january paper in as much i thought it was so easy and got a C, i was speechless haha! Aw man, being ill during exam time is the biggest pain in the ass. Hopefully it won't matter as much though because if you only need a C for an A overall you're clearly really good at it so don't need all that time anyway :wink:

Aha I got ABDE at AS, couldn't hack chemistry exams! But I turned it round and now I'm on target for a B in biology (the one I got a D in last year) psychology was kinda dull this year, too many studies! I got a high B at AS, 6 UMS off an A! :angry: so I'm hoping I got an A this year! Yeah I'm hoping I'll have managed as C, I was just angry at myself because I got 176/200 UMS at AS and an A* in my coursework so I'd be devastated if I missed out on that A because of one bad day. Ahh history is cool, I'm hoping to get into York, if not my insurance is Hull which I'm still happy with. I have a friend off to Derby, apparently it's great! I'm sure you'll have a great time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha I got ABDE at AS, couldn't hack chemistry exams! But I turned it round and now I'm on target for a B in biology (the one I got a D in last year) psychology was kinda dull this year, too many studies! I got a high B at AS, 6 UMS off an A! :angry: so I'm hoping I got an A this year! Yeah I'm hoping I'll have managed as C, I was just angry at myself because I got 176/200 UMS at AS and an A* in my coursework so I'd be devastated if I missed out on that A because of one bad day. Ahh history is cool, I'm hoping to get into York, if not my insurance is Hull which I'm still happy with. I have a friend off to Derby, apparently it's great! I'm sure you'll have a great time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah man everyone i know hates chemistry now! At least you got to drop it. That's good, hope you get that B :smile: yeah that was a reason i didn't take it, because in law i had to remember 200 cases so the 60 odd in psychology was just too much cases for me too keep it :tongue: Wow that's brilliant, i understand what you're saying when something out of your control gets you like that. What do you need for york? Oh cool, what are they doing at Derby? Thanks i hope so, same with you and York :smile: are you from around there anyway?
Original post by The Room Student
How can you view them online for AS results?

My college provides our results on its website in the morning before we can collect the physical copy.

Quick Reply

Latest