Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    doesn't require long periods of leaving my family? preferably not to risky either I would like to learn new skills to. If such a position exists let a bro know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    doesn't require long periods of leaving my family? preferably not to risky either I would like to learn new skills to. If such a position exists let a bro know.
    Every role in the UK Armed Forces is likely to require you to deploy at some point. And they will all carry certain levels of risk.

If neither of those things appeal, then the Forces are not for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Every role in the UK Armed Forces is likely to require you to deploy at some point. And they will all carry certain levels of risk.

If neither of those things appeal, then the Forces are not for you.
    Forget it not leaving my son. I can barely go a day not seeing him without being very depressed so not seeing him for months is suicide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want to join just for learning experience, then you might as well join the ATC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    Forget it not leaving my son. I can barely go a day not seeing him without being very depressed so not seeing him for months is suicide.
    Why on earth would anyone in their right mind consider the Armed Forces in such a scenario?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha OP. Try the Foreign Legion perhaps?

I don't think you understand what the Army does.

Try the UOTC. They don't deploy. Do a bit of basic military field craft. Not much risk. Learn a few skills in bar crawling. Stay near to your house. If they reject you, try the CCF. Shouldn't be too taxing for you.

Not much else you can do with that type of attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Hahaha OP. Try the Foreign Legion perhaps?

I don't think you understand what the Army does.

Try the UOTC. They don't deploy. Do a bit of basic military field craft. Not much risk. Learn a few skills in bar crawling. Stay near to your house. If they reject you, try the CCF. Shouldn't be too taxing for you.

Not much else you can do with that type of attitude.
    yeah shame on me for loving my child *rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The forces isn't for you.

But there are plenty of other ways you can learn a trade.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to deploy what the flying fornicstion are you doing considering the forces for a career.

There are No jobs in which you won't deploy especially in the purple world od jointery that now exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    If you don't want to deploy what the flying fornicstion are you doing considering the forces for a career.

There are No jobs in which you won't deploy especially in the purple world od jointery that now exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    idiot I asked a question which comes before consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    idiot I asked a question which comes before consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Joining the armed forces whether as an OR or commissioning as an Officer means significant disruption to your life , for that you will be handsomely rewarded with pay, subsidised housing, a pension at a very young age if you do sufficient qualifying service and more CPD and qualifications than you can shake a stick at ( if you get off your arse and take advantage of them)

Operational deployment is an inherent part of serving - if a role is none -deployable it's a civvie role simple as even if like some FTRS HC roles you wear a uniform and rank and are paid a percentage of the full Commitment pay for the rank. FTRS service requires prior regular or reserve full commitment service BTW as does MPGS.

there are deployable civvie roles (EFI, Sponsored reserve etc)

but none deployable serving roles ? forget it , there are certain trades who deploy less often but everyone from buckshee private / AB /AC to 2 or 3 Star General Officer is deployable.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure those of us with children who have deployed still love them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    Pretty sure those of us with children who have deployed still love them.
    I don;t think anyone asserted that , just the OP wanting to have all the perks of service life without all the nasty things like deploying or taking part in a shooting war...

ReputationRep:
    OP,

You wanted answers, so you're getting answers. Did you expect to join the Forces and just mooch around all day doing 9-5. It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0902)
    OP,

You wanted answers, so you're getting answers. Did you expect to join the Forces and just mooch around all day doing 9-5. It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
    The OP has been banned after about 10 posts, which tells you all you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    *Rolls up sleeves*. I was getting into this as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.