Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I mention this on my CV or cover letter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I graduated in Physics from the University of Southampton back in 2013 and then managed to pick up a more specialized Masters course at Imperial College for the 2013 year in 'Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces'. Managed to do the first semester and then really doubt my eventual capability/use in that field, so I chucked in the ol' towel! Anyway, I was wondering if it was worth mentioning on a CV, or alluding to (if relevant) on a cover letter, I wasn't sure if it would look bad... but then I think in someways it has 'good' implications about my character... maybe.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if the precedent was to include something like that or better off leaving it out - and if I did include it, how would you elegantly write "I scarpered"

Thanks,
    SK

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. You didn't gain qualifications from it and it may look like you give up too easily (not saying you did)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    I wouldn't. You didn't gain qualifications from it and it may look like you give up too easily (not saying you did)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have the same feelings, after doing a swift Google search it seemed it may be worth mentioning if, say, you did a couple of years on a degree (I think you get some sort of award for that?). In addition, I was thinking I wouldn't be able to do myself justice in writing alone.

Thanks holson, and Emma for the affirmation!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.