Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    This is just a bit of background information (Sorry it's long and boring):

    I finished college last year with a levels in Business Studies, Graphic Design and 3D design and the grades BBC however I didn't want to go to university and have spent the last year figuring out what I want to do. After looking at possible careers and apprenticeships I decided to go into sport and would like to become a PE teacher.

    I know it's completely different than my a levels but I am actively involved in sports and coaching outside of college including a third Dan in Taekwondo and instructor status as well as training in Karate and doing the Duke of Edinburgh to silver award.

    My Question:

    My problem was that while I have coaching qualifications and experience in sports I was lacking the academic qualifications and so when I applied to LJMU this year I was rejected. I have since applied for and been accepted onto a sports coaching course at a local college.. However this course is classed as a 2 year HND in sports coaching, development, health and fitness and is followed by a one year top up to a BA hons in Sport coaching. This course isn't at a university its a higher education course at a local college so my questions are:

    Has anyone done a higher education course at a college? What was it like?


    Will this qualification look weak in comparison to doing the same course at LJMU? Would it still enable me to train as a teacher?

    Any help or advice would be a greatly appreciated, I'm not concerned with student life like moving out at the moment but I do want to get more involved in any enrichment's the college runs particularly sports.

    Sorry it's so long Here's the link to the college website if anyone's confused by my rambling http://www.cronton.ac.uk/courses/ind...ess)&IDKEY=209
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

    Quick Link:

    Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.