Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to start my Bachelors in Engineering with the Open University. Before I do this I want to complete a smaller module to learn a bit more about studying with the OU.

On the directgov website it states it will be harder to get finance if you have completed "higher education" before, regardless of whether or not it was self-funded.

Will completing a single OU level 1 module (Specifically T174) effect my eligibility for student finance when I want to apply for my degree?

Thanks in advance!

:confused:

Edit: Any help at all would be much appreciated. To clarify an "OU Module" counts towards a degree but doesn't stand for much on its own.I plan to pay for the single module myself, then apply for student finance afterwards for my degree
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

As Open University is part time there is more years of funding available. As long as any qualification you gain from this module is not a higher level of the course you wish to study then you will be ok to get full finance.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.