• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    As you will remember a few months ago we added the ability to follow other TSR users to stay updated with their posts across TSR. This idea came from our members and we only delivered part of what they asked for.....

Today we have taken the first steps in improving the way we keep you updated with these posts by introducing a bi weekly email update highlighting the most recent activity by your friends.

This is very much a first version and will develop and improve over the coming months to provide you with an even more valuable update.

Just to let you have a look at what this will look like, I've attached the email I received this afternoon.

And yes I was drawn in to the Doctor Who discussion thread.... and Champagne Supernova's post too.

The first emails to be sent will be going out shortly and should be in your inbox by this evening.

Why not follow more people on TSR and keep an eye out for even more interesting discussions

As always feedback welcome and please treat as a service we will continue to improve based on your comments.
    Attached Images

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, although I reckon some people won't be happy about even more emails from tsr clogging up their inbox

ReputationRep:
    The header really confused me until I saw your username, OP I'm not sure about the idea of an email digest though. Wouldn't this be better suited to a homepage/sidebar widget? Just my 2c.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Looks good, although I reckon some people won't be happy about even more emails from tsr clogging up their inbox
    Hopefully most people will find this a valuable update but if they wish to opt out they just need to go to their email settings to disable this service.

Thanks for the feedback
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benplumley)
    The header really confused me until I saw your username, OP I'm not sure about the idea of an email digest though. Wouldn't this be better suited to a homepage/sidebar widget? Just my 2c.
    We actually have a homepage widget that allows you to see this information should you so wish (right at the bottom).

However, there are a number of widgets on TSR and with mobile usage increasing we would like to reduce the number of separate widgets in future wherever possible. Just to make use on smaller screen sizes easier to use.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 different emails yesterday with different friends in each one. Same top stats though.

Like the idea, A customisable amount of friends to see/stats to see could be a cool improvement in future.

And was 3 a bug or it that going to be standard for "power users"?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Quick update to let you know that after the minor launch hiccup, we will be launching again this morning.

Jack

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.