Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bulk up at home (cant afford gym) and skinny Watch

ReputationRep:
    What exercises can i do at home. I am going to buy a pull up bar. I am going to do this for one year until i go to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you are proper skinny then you will be able to make noticeably upper body gains with bodyweight stuff but still **** by comparison to the same time in the gym. You'll really struggle with legs though because even single legged squats aren't really hard strength-wise, balance is the hard bit.

Pull ups and chin ups (does biceps as well as back where as pull up is more only back). Start with negative if need be
    Push ups, one arm push ups, hand stand push ups, wide armed push ups, diamond push ups, push ups with a bag of books or whatever on your back
    Dips then dips with a weighted backpack
    Planks and all the endless BW core exercises (there's so many you many as well just google and pick a few)

The thing to focus on in continually increasing the difficulty. You can do that by increasing reps then once you can hit 10-12 reps in a set you need to add weight or switch to a more difficult exercise.

ReputationRep:
    Get alot of good quality foods in you aswell! will help speed up putting some meat on the frame!

ReputationRep:
    Only so much you can do with bodyweight exercises if you're aiming to get 'aesthetic'. If you can get some dumbbells (ideally at least up to 20kg per side), they'd be useful for hitting upper body parts that the bodyweight/pull up bar exercises won't be able to effectively hit. But then you'd probably need a bench too... hell, just make some dollar and go to a gym.

ReputationRep:
    buy a 30kg dumbell set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    What exercises can i do at home. I am going to buy a pull up bar. I am going to do this for one year until i go to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i walked with a barbell and 15KG of weights for 2 miles back to my house from the shop, im sure you could do the same.

i use 2 chairs and set them up together so i can do bench press in my room

all you need is a barbell, some dumbbells and weights and your pretty much set

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.