Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I found her diary. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have found the diary of a young woman who lives in my area and so obviously I read it and it was a lot of fun. It detailed things such as how she dealt with the death of her brother, her ideas of romance and her hopes to go to Oxford University, really "private" (not anymore) thoughts and embarrassing thoughts as well . I want to find a way of copying it and making sure that as many people as possible can read it as I can. She has lost it and does not know who has picked it up or even if it has been picked up at all.

I know that many of you will say oh but "copying her diary is immoral". I am intending on doing this anonymously and if it causes problems then so be it.

My question to you is what is the best way of copying such a material and making it easily accessible?

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Is this for real? What will you gain by doing it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't advise it. She will be mortified and infuriated if she came across her own diary online. That's just evil! Don't be a douche.

ReputationRep:
    You're a ****

You have a rotten sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
      Don't copy it

ReputationRep:
      Email this guy: http://www.myhousematesdiary.com/

And read it as well, it's pretty brilliant!

ReputationRep:
      stop being so nosey.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by newexistence)
      Hello, I have found the diary of a young woman who lives in my area and so obviously I read it and it was a lot of fun. It detailed things such as how she dealt with the death of her brother, her ideas of romance and her hopes to go to Oxford University, really "private" (not anymore) thoughts and embarrassing thoughts as well . I want to find a way of copying it and making sure that as many people as possible can read it as I can. She has lost it and does not know who has picked it up or even if it has been picked up at all.

I know that many of you will say oh but "copying her diary is immoral". I am intending on doing this anonymously and if it causes problems then so be it.

My question to you is what is the best way of copying such a material and making it easily accessible?
      DON'T COPY IT... That is so harsh...

Try and give it back.. If you can't... Bin it..

ReputationRep:

Can think of many 4 letter words to describe you.

Don't do it ya mug

ReputationRep:
      What is the purpose of doing all this?

ReputationRep:
      Scan it and print it, pretty simple. Or, you can collate the scanned images either into a single image file or into a zip (.rar) folder and upload it to a public file hosting website for easy unlimited distribution.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by stinkum)
      scan it and print it, pretty simple. Or, you can collate the scanned images either into a single image file or into a zip (.rar) folder and upload it to a public file hosting website for easy unlimited distribution.
      you have to be kidding me youre encouraging him/her
      • PS Helper
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      This is obviously a troll, simply because the simplicity of copying stuff over is incredible nowadays. Thin veil of justification is thin.

:hat2:

ReputationRep:

1. Why the flying **** did you read it.
      2. Why the flying **** do you want to spread this? This is this girls most private thoughts. Are you trying to go beyond the realms of an ********?

I really hope this is a troll.

ReputationRep:
      :troll:

Or at least I hope so.

ReputationRep:
      I want to read it o:

ReputationRep:
      Reading and distributing private material is illegal.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stinkum)
      Scan it and print it, pretty simple. Or, you can collate the scanned images either into a single image file or into a zip (.rar) folder and upload it to a public file hosting website for easy unlimited distribution.
      Thank you. I will do the second option. Hopefully, I can release the extracts over time. So that it keeps readers attention.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.