Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I was really stupid and barely revised at all, and basically did most of it the night before exams. I've already got my C in maths, but English I just don't have a clue how I've done; I didn't do great in my mocks. If I don't get a C in English I can't go to sixth form, and that'll kill my parents and mean I'll be without any friends or anyone I know because I'll be forced to go to a college. I also think I've screwed up (additional) science because I was great with Biology, but I just struggled so much with chem and physics.

I'm just so worried about everything and until I get my results in August I just can't relax properly. It's normally when I'm trying to go to sleep at night that I'll remember what a stupid idiot I've been, and I'll stay awake for hours thinking about all the things I should of done, and trying to persuade myself that what's done is done and I can't do anything now, so I may as well try to enjoy my summer.

I'm not naturally a lazy person I don't think. I just finished doing a fortnight's work experience in my old primary school with 25 5-year-olds, and I worked hard constantly and went out of my way to help the teacher I was with out of hours. I know that when I'm passionate about something, I can buckle down and work really hard. But when I'm not, I struggle, as my GCSEs proved.

I suppose what I'm hoping to hear are some success stories from people who may have ****ed up their exams but somehow sorted themselves out? Idk, I'm a bit of a stressy mess.

ReputationRep:
    Your fault really nothing you can do, just focus and do better next time and go to sixth form a year later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megtheamazing)
    I don't know why but I was really stupid and barely revised at all, and basically did most of it the night before exams. I've already got my C in maths, but English I just don't have a clue how I've done; I didn't do great in my mocks. If I don't get a C in English I can't go to sixth form, and that'll kill my parents and mean I'll be without any friends or anyone I know because I'll be forced to go to a college. I also think I've screwed up (additional) science because I was great with Biology, but I just struggled so much with chem and physics.

I'm just so worried about everything and until I get my results in August I just can't relax properly. It's normally when I'm trying to go to sleep at night that I'll remember what a stupid idiot I've been, and I'll stay awake for hours thinking about all the things I should of done, and trying to persuade myself that what's done is done and I can't do anything now, so I may as well try to enjoy my summer.

I'm not naturally a lazy person I don't think. I just finished doing a fortnight's work experience in my old primary school with 25 5-year-olds, and I worked hard constantly and went out of my way to help the teacher I was with out of hours. I know that when I'm passionate about something, I can buckle down and work really hard. But when I'm not, I struggle, as my GCSEs proved.

I suppose what I'm hoping to hear are some success stories from people who may have ****ed up their exams but somehow sorted themselves out? Idk, I'm a bit of a stressy mess.
    I'm in the exact same boat as you but mine's a little bit different as I did revise but there was other issues involved at school that made me fk them up and no I'm not blaming just school as it is some of my fault also but I know how you feel. To be honest as long as you've got your requirements to get into college then it'll be fine I can get potentially 11GCSE's 2 I've already achieved but I doubt hand on heart I haven't got the remaining 9, so don't worry there's a lot of people in the same boat as you. The exams were extremely hard this year.. Particulary Edexcel Maths paper 1 and AQA science. A lot of people have complained about them so you're not alone there's nothing you can do now.. Just wait and see what happens. My birthday is the day before results day so it's going to.make me even nervous haha!

What GCSE's did you take?

I did:
    Triple science (9exams: 3core, 3add, 3extentions)
    History (2exams)- my worst exams
    Spanish (2 exams)
    Maths (2exams)
    English Lang (2)
    English lit (2)
    Re (2)
    ICT (1)

What Courses at college are you thinking of studing as that'll depend on what you need?

I'm sure you've done a lot bettee than you thought you've done,.I predict the results this year are one of the worst as everyone has seemed to struggle this time. I'm praying for low boundaries this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megtheamazing)

Why didn't you start revising early?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.