Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A mate of mine is gay and like we met because he said he had something on his mind then he basically told me that he met up with a 23 year old man and they had sexual relations with his mouth . I wasnt to sure what to say about it and what advice to give him . Bear in mind we are 16 . I was quite disgusted by it but I didnt want to be rude and Im not homophobic but like what should I do this man obviously kinda took advantage of a young boy like:confused:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A mate of mine is gay and like we met because he said he had something on his mind then he basically told me that he met up with a 23 year old man and they had sexual relations with his mouth . I wasnt to sure what to say about it and what advice to give him . Bear in mind we are 16 . I was quite disgusted by it but I didnt want to be rude and Im not homophobic but like what should I do this man obviously kinda took advantage of a young boy like:confused:
    I think you should say something! Isn't this still statutory rape?

(Original post by brightonlad89)
    I think you should grow up in all honesty. 16 year olds are above the age of consent for a reason, your mate can do who he likes, as can the other lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imagine the outcfy if this was a girl we were talking about...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its their lives and 16 is the age of consent so he wasn't being taken advantage of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I imagine the 16 year old may have been pressured into it a bit. How long has he known his 23 year old friend? You should speak with your friend telling him you're worried and just trying to look out for him. If he was a good friend he would appreciate your advice and explain how great the 23 year old is. If he is not a good friend, he will say something like "mind your own business."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I think you should say something! Isn't this still statutory rape?

Imagine the outcfy if this was a girl we were talking about...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would it be different if it was a girl? They're both over the age of consent.

(Original post by brightonlad89)
    I think you should grow up in all honesty. 16 year olds are above the age of consent for a reason, your mate can do who he likes, as can the other lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ERRm how dare you im not at all being Childish . I am genuinely concerned about a friend that has had sexual relations he has had with a guy he met online .He could have anything on him .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ERRm how dare you im not at all being Childish . I am genuinely concerned about a friend that has had sexual relations he has had with a guy he met online .He could have anything on him .
    It's pretty childish to believe that unless people are exactly the same age then something must be wrong. Welcome to the real world where people aren't grouped by year of birth, and shock horror, people who aren't your exact age will become your friends and partners. 23 and 16? Not even worth mentioning, don't be so patronising to your friend (who, by the way, is not a young boy).

If you were concerned not about this, but about them meeting online, why was this not even mentioned in your OP?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.