Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston or University of Birmingham for MSc International Business? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been accepted for International Business MSc in both universities but can't decide which should i choose, any help?

ReputationRep:
    They really are both brilliant universities, I suppose it depends on your personal preferences as to which one would be better for you. Academically I would take into account the class sizes/ how each module is taught (i.e lectures and seminars) and the amount of student support available. I go to Aston university and study International Business and Modern Languages . It really is a great uni. It's small so it's easier to get to know each other and I personally think that it has a great community feel about it. On top of that I like the fact how it is in the centre of town so everything is a small distance away, its a 10 minute walk into the main Bullring shopping area whereas at Birmingham uni you would have to get the train/bus to get into town. Its also a campus university so you can roll out of bed in the morning 10 minutes before a lecture starts and get there on time. I may be wrong but I think the majority of accommodation at Birmingham is off campus so you may have to walk/get the bus into your lectures. Obviously I'm only giving you a one sided story but let me know if you have any other questions I'm more than happy to answer them!

ReputationRep:
    They really are both brilliant universities, I suppose it depends on your personal preferences as to which one would be better for you. Academically I would take into account the class sizes/ how each module is taught (i.e lectures and seminars) and the amount of student support available. I go to Aston university and study International Business and Modern Languages . It really is a great uni. It's small so it's easier to get to know each other and I personally think that it has a great community feel about it. On top of that I like the fact how it is in the centre of town so everything is a small distance away, its a 10 minute walk into the main bullring shopping area whereas at Birmingham uni you would have to get the train/bus to get into town. Its also a campus university so you can roll out of bed in the morning 10 minutes before a lecture starts and get there on time. I may be wrong but I think the majority of accommodation at Birmingham is off campus so you may have to walk/get the bus into your lectures. Obviously I'm only giving you a one sided story but let me know if you have any other questions I'm more than happy to answer them!

ReputationRep:
    Aston Business School has an excellent reputation, triple accreditation. But the university as a whole is not better than the University of Birmingham. Either way, both universities are great!

ReputationRep:
    Aston was doing Business Degrees long before Birmingham.

Birmingham Uni students used to ask us if we were doing gardening degrees and we would point out you needed better grades to get into Aston than Birmingham and we had a better reputation in industry and better job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any distinctive difference between International Business and Business Management?
    Which degree might be more preferred by employers? Some advice pls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmhow)
    Is there any distinctive difference between International Business and Business Management?
    Which degree might be more preferred by employers? Some advice pls!
    international business as you would expect is more on an international basis looking at how businesses work all across the world, if you see your self working abroad in the future I'd definitely recommend international business as the course will help you understand foreign markets, business management may also cover foreign businesses but not in as much depth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noura17)
    international business as you would expect is more on an international basis looking at how businesses work all across the world, if you see your self working abroad in the future I'd definitely recommend international business as the course will help you understand foreign markets, business management may also cover foreign businesses but not in as much depth
    Thanks alot for that!
    You are presently in any of the mentioned universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equanox)
    I have been accepted for International Business MSc in both universities but can't decide which should i choose, any help?
    Hi!
    So, have you chosen which university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmhow)
    Thanks alot for that!
    You are presently in any of the mentioned universities?
    No problem, and nope I'm currently deciding on my choices aswell, I have applied for and recieved offers for international business at Kent and coventry and business management at East anglia and Leicester
    Most likely will be putting kent as my firm and coventry as insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noura17)
    No problem, and nope I'm currently deciding on my choices aswell, I have applied for and recieved offers for international business at Kent and coventry and business management at East anglia and Leicester
    Most likely will be putting kent as my firm and coventry as insurance
    I see!
    are you an local student or international student?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.