TSR Movie Madness: Group F QF2: Gladiator V North by Northwest watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Group F: Quarter Final 2
    4. Gladiator
    83.78%
    5. North by Northwest
    16.22%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The film that announced Russell Crowe as a genuine movie A-lister and saw the departure of the great Oliver Reed (who died during filming), Gladiator is a multi-Oscar winning, full-blooded, sword and sandals epic story of love, treachery, corruption and revenge. Crowe is outstanding in the title role, as is Joaquin Phoenix as his nemesis, and Rome and the Colosseum have never looked grander than in this modern classic.

North by Northwest (1959)
    A serious case of mistaken identity leads to a hair-raising cross-country chase and a stunning finale atop Mount Rushmore. With just the right balance of action, intrigue and romance, Cary Grant in the lead and lashings of typical Hitchcock suspense, North by Northwest is a true classic.

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    North by Northwest is a classic. But lol if Gladiator doesn't win this I'll eat a small chocolate hat.

ReputationRep:
    North by Northwest. Its not my fave Hitchcock movie but its still a masterpiece.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    North by Northwest is a classic. But lol if Gladiator doesn't win this I'll eat a small chocolate hat.
    Yep, pretty much my views.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Gladiator - over-rated ahistorical show-off.

NbyNW - my favourite Hitchcock, from the opening titles to the cliff, erm, face-hanging end. One of the best 'rides' ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Gladiator - over-rated ahistorical show-off.
    Maybe ... but it's showing off with style!

ReputationRep:
    Like North by Northwest but there are probably 5-8 Hitchcock's I prefer over it. And Gladiator's great. So Gladiator.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.