The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kate1902
Has anyone heard back?

Nope still far too early yet :smile: unless you mean a confirmation email, I think they've all been sent out by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by (Patrick)
Nope still far too early yet :smile: unless you mean a confirmation email, I think they've all been sent out by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

then when will they say something? I'm sorry, I'm an EU student and not as familiar with some parts of the admissions process
I know the first interviews are in December/January, when are these people invited to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
then when will they say something? I'm sorry, I'm an EU student and not as familiar with some parts of the admissions process

Original post by MrStealYourGirl
I know the first interviews are in December/January, when are these people invited to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most places give out interviews around 2 weeks before the interviews take place, so maybe mid December? I have a friend who got an interview for Nottingham in January, and another who found out in February so it's probably over a range of dates.
I think most places give out interviews around 2 weeks before the interviews take place, so maybe mid December? I have a friend who got an interview for Nottingham in January, and another who found out in February so it's probably over a range of dates.

thanks :smile: so basically we can get an offer at any given time
thanks :smile: so basically we can get an offer at any given time

Yeah basically they like to keep you on your toes :biggrin:

what qualification you gonna obtain?
Has anyone heard back?

You won't heard back until like January (that's if they don't do the questionnaire) when they should send out most of the interview invites. Unless they want some extra info from you
I hope they don't do the questionnaire 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie

You won't heard back until like January (that's if they don't do the questionnaire) when they should send out most of the interview invites. Unless they want some extra info from you

Original post by curtis110
I hope they don't do the questionnaire 😩

What is this questionnaire you speak of?
What is this questionnaire you speak of?

A few questions on why you want to do medicine, what the most/least important aspects of being a doctor are for you etc (I think they're all multiple choice)

It's not difficult or anything, just picking what they want to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by curtis110
A few questions on why you want to do medicine, what the most/least important aspects of being a doctor are for you etc (I think they're all multiple choice)

It's not difficult or anything, just picking what they want to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the open day the admissions tutor said that they're not using the online questionnaire this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie
what qualification you gonna obtain?

I'll finish school with the Portuguese Diploma de Ensino Secundário. I would have done the IB but international schools around here aren't that good, so I thought I'd rather have these qualifications and get the marks than not be prepared for my finals properly. You doing A-levels?

So we just wait around for 2 months?
I'll finish school with the Portuguese Diploma de Ensino Secundário. I would have done the IB but international schools around here aren't that good, so I thought I'd rather have these qualifications and get the marks than not be prepared for my finals properly. You doing A-levels?

So we just wait around for 2 months?

I did European Baccalaureate. they emailed me around mis November asking for transcript of my grades. The rest just got emails about open days and new Facebook page.
Original post by Nottie
I did European Baccalaureate. they emailed me around mis November asking for transcript of my grades. The rest just got emails about open days and new Facebook page.

I envy all you European Baccalaureate people! I'd love to go to a European school.

I envy all you European Baccalaureate people! I'd love to go to a European school.

Hah yeah European School provided me with amazing background for my medical course. And yes, 1st year
Original post by MrStealYourGirl

Posted from TSR Mobile

first interviews are w/c 5th Jan

expect invitation for interviews during this week just before the christmas break (i.e. 19th Dec ish)
Reply 317
For info: Nottingham received just over 2400 applications for A100 for 2015 entry.
According to the Competition Ratios page on TSR, it was 2762 last year.
(edited 9 years ago)
So, so glad I had an interview last year, which was the 'old-style' panel interview. Had a Multi-mini interview at Leicester med school and flunked it ... hate MMI - they are not my style of interview.

Good luck to all those applying to Nottingham for 2015/16 cycle. :goodluck:
Original post by violetcrystal
So, so glad I had an interview last year, which was the 'old-style' panel interview. Had a Multi-mini interview at Leicester med school and flunked it ... hate MMI - they are not my style of interview.

Good luck to all those applying to Nottingham for 2015/16 cycle. :goodluck:

Are reapplying to Nottingham or you are a student already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending