The Student Room Group

TSR Movie Madness: Group F QF4 : Raiders of the Lost Ark V Aliens

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Crystal Skull makes AvP look like Apocalypse Now.

Actually, if I'm honest with you, I don't think the first AvP was actually that bad in isolation.

If you want to (unfairly) compare franchise v franchise, Indiana Jones has two excellent films, one ok one and one of the worst of all time.

Alien has two excellent films, two poor ones, two joke ones and one (Prometheus) which some people think is rubbish and others think is really good.

The way I look at it

Alien and Aliens are probably one of the best 2 science fiction movies of all time. You then have the third which I do not class as poor but good a decent movie and I actually thought the last one was ok.

Then I look at Indiana Jones the first movie was actually my least favorite of the franchise temple of doom was my favorite even if that is controversial. So therefore I would put 1. temple of doom 2 Last crusade 3 raiders of the lost ark. Although there is very little between temple of doom and last crusade while raiders I think is slightly above the alien 3 movie.

Therefore aliens wins quite easily. If it was temple of doom vs aliens I would probably go with temple of doom but if it was the first alien movie it would beat all the movies in both franchises hands down.
Original post by kingdoo
The way I look at it

Alien and Aliens are probably one of the best 2 science fiction movies of all time. You then have the third which I do not class as poor but good a decent movie and I actually thought the last one was ok.

Then I look at Indiana Jones the first movie was actually my least favorite of the franchise temple of doom was my favorite even if that is controversial. So therefore I would put 1. temple of doom 2 Last crusade 3 raiders of the lost ark. Although there is very little between temple of doom and last crusade while raiders I think is slightly above the alien 3 movie.

Therefore aliens wins quite easily. If it was temple of doom vs aliens I would probably go with temple of doom but if it was the first alien movie it would beat all the movies in both franchises hands down.

the first Alien Movie in in the comp and it's currently up against psycho!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2734585

I went for Aliens out of these 2. I've never been a great fan of indiana jones. Always found myself yelling at the screen all the stupid crap that was going on tbh.
Reply 22
Haven't actually seen Aliens but the first was good and Raiders of the Lost Ark was crap. So I'm going with Aliens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending