Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Group G QF1: The Godfather V Taxi Driver Watch

• View Poll Results: Group G: Quarter Final 1
    1. The Godfather
    85.37%
    8. Taxi Driver
    14.63%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Godfather (1972)
    One of the most famous movies of all-time, Francis Ford Coppola's epic gangster film tracks the Corleone film over the course of a decade. With so many parts immortalised by homages, tributes and parodies, the chances are that even if you haven't seen it there is much that will feel familiar to you.

Taxi Driver (1976)
    Arguably Martin Scorsese's masterpiece, Taxi Driver focuses on an insomniac ex-Marine as he descends into isolation and paranoia. As brilliantly directed as it is acted by its cast (including Robert De Niro and a young Jodie Foster), the film is required viewing for anyone who classes themselves a movie fan.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I actually never liked Taxi Driver

The Mirror scene makes me cringe
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like either much tbh but I would go for Taxi Driver.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is just, not fair. Godfather by a whisker.

ReputationRep:
    i cant choose, i watched godfather like 50 times and read the book like 3 times, then again taxi driver also blew me away and i watched that like 50 times as well, labelled it the best film ive ever seen too - at the time.

ive grown from both those films btw, im gonna choose taxi driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    The Mirror scene makes me cringe
    You talkin' to me?

Another toughie, but Godfather for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Taxi Driver - a great film.

Godfather - one of the greatest ever. Arguably, only the sequel is better.

ReputationRep:
    Scorsese is my favourite director so I feel bad voting against one of his greatest but it;s The Godfather

ReputationRep:
    The Godfather. Against my favourite Scorsese as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    I didn't like either much tbh but I would go for Taxi Driver.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Man how can you not like them? Taxi Driver is maybe a little bit over-rated, but they're both so good compared to most other films :eek:

ReputationRep:
    The Godfather for me. I love Taxi Driver (though King of Comedy is my favourite scorcese/de niro film) but The Godfather is just perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should all vote for the godfather.

I'm going to give you an offer you can't refuse. Okay? I want you to leave it all to me. Go on, go back to the thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.