Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Group G QF2: Se7en V Leon: The Professional Watch

• View Poll Results: Group G: Quarter Final 2
    4. Se7en
    71.05%
    5. Leon: The Professional
    28.95%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

Se7en (1995)
    David Fincher's smart thriller stars Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as two detectives at the opposite ends of their career flung together on the hunt for a serial killer whose calling card is to kill his victims in a homage to one of the seven deadly sins. Perfectly paced leading to a thrilling climax and showcasing Kevin Spacey's ability to command a film regardless of screen time, this film might be most fondly remembered for its treatment of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Leon (1994)
    Directed by Luc Besson and starring Jean Reno as a lonely hitman, this is the film that first showed Natalie Portman to the world as a fresh faced 12-year old that the assassin is forced to take care of once her family are murdered. He trains her as an assassin to the point where they feel ready to go after revenge against a deliciously evil detective, played by Gary Oldman.

ReputationRep:
    Another two crackers! This set of match-ups is hard! Se7en, due to the wonderful plotting and climax.

ReputationRep:
    Se7en is one of my favourite films. Great plot, great atmosphere, great building of tension, great acting, great ending.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Oldman. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Gary Oldman. That is all.
    Oh, he's brilliant in it. A really hard choice, but I just think that Se7en is a brilliantly constructed piece.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Another tough one.

Se7en: splatter with an actual plot... but there were better splatter and better plotted films out there.

Leon: action with acting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Dammit another hard choice! I think I would go for Leon though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Leon.

ReputationRep:
    Leon is an overrated mess.

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOX

ReputationRep:
    Tough one this but I'm going with Leon, just.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.