Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Group H QF1: The Lion King V Monsters, Inc. Watch

• View Poll Results: Group H: Quarter Final 1
    1. The Lion King
    73.21%
    8. Monsters, Inc
    26.79%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

"The Lion King has that rare quality that is surely the sign of any great kid's film, in that it works for both a 5 year old and a 55 year old. A timeless story (literally; it's a loose update of Hamlet) this film is one of Disney's Holy Grails, passed down from generation to generation and loved by all who see it. Visually gorgeous, with its stunning vistas of the African wilderness, colourful characters and a strong script make this film a true modern classic."

Monsters, Inc (2001)
    Released in 2001, Monsters, Inc. is a place where no humans are meant to roam. Two monsters, Sulley and Mike work in the largest company for electricity through the screams of little children in the monster world. A little girl, Boo, follows Sulley out into the monster world and causes havoc for Sulley and Mike. This film carries you through a roller coaster of emotions.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bye Monsters Inc. :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King. Monsters Inc is the most boring kids film I've ever seen. Monsters University was actually ok though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this is a generational thing. Lion King is like the Disney movie of my childhood (that and Alladin). Monsters Inc was fluff
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Hard one I might have to watch them again :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Maybe this is a generational thing. Lion King is like the Disney movie of my childhood (that and Alladin). Monsters Inc was fluff
    I agree. Personally I think Monsters Inc is one of the weakest films in this group, I was hoping that something like The Incredibles would come out of the IMDb tombola. Lion King is an easy pick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Lion King - not the best Disney, but one of the very best 'late' ones.

Monsters Inc - yes, Incredibles is better.

ReputationRep:
    Lion king should take an easy win I here.

I do fear that the younger TSR members are too young to have seen it originally and may go monsters but hopefully not too many.

(Original post by just a dad)
    I agree. Personally I think Monsters Inc is one of the weakest films in this group, I was hoping that something like The Incredibles would come out of the IMDb tombola. Lion King is an easy pick.
    Yea, if we were more dishonest we could have switched it out for a 'better film'. But so far 95% of film choices have gone down very well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King s probably my favourite animation of all time, serious love for the film and it;s soundtrack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    The Lion King s probably my favourite animation of all time, serious love for the film and it;s soundtrack
    Lion king should win for its soundtrack alone.

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually seen the lion king so voted monsters inc. because I quite enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King, easy. Couldn't watch all of Monsters Inc.

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King. This film still makes me cry to this day!

ReputationRep:
    Monsters inc. I prefer Pixar to Disney (well, I know that Disney own Pixar now .)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Agree that this'll be generational mostly. Grew up with The Lion King as a favourite and it still remains one.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I love both :sigh: so hard to choose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I love both :sigh: so hard to choose!
    You want to vote for the Lion King

Look into your heart, you know it to be true.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.