Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Group H QF3: WALL.E V Finding Nemo Watch

• View Poll Results: Group H: Quarter Final 3
    2. WALL.E
    33.85%
    7. Finding Nemo
    66.15%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

WALL·E (2008)
    Disney and Pixar join forces for this computer-animated tale about a wide-eyed robot who travels to the deepest reaches of outer space in search of a newfound friend. Along the way, the friendly trash-collecting robot who has always known what he was made for gradually begins to understand what he was meant for. Largely eschewing speech for an otherworldly assortment of robotic bleeps and bloops, Wall•E is a masterful showcase of creating a new world through film.

Finding Nemo
    Heart warming, yet humorous tale of a brand new father loosing his son. The horror! Any new parent can relate to almost losing their kid, I know mine did....
    The fact that it is one of the best selling DVDs of all time and has a sequel in production shows that both parents and children alike love this timeless classic!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I thought this one would be much closer.. I voted Nemo because it's one of my all time favourite films, though Wall E is too. What finally sealed the deal for me was listening to the soundtracks for the films and thinking about which one really made me respond more.

Soundtracks below:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    WALL·E is the greatest animated film of all time. Spirited Away; Toy Story; Grave of the Fireflies, they're all up there. But nothing can touch WALL·E. NOTHING.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Finding Nemo for me WALL.E was not all that good when I think back on it..

This is the first one I've voted for as I know both movies :woo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I found Wall-e very boring and wasn't overly keen on Finding Nemo but I would go for Finding Nemo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WALL.E - a worthy yawn.

Finding Nemo - well, at least it had the sharks and the seagulls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    I found Wall-e very boring and wasn't overly keen on Finding Nemo but I would go for Finding Nemo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wut. Do you even. I don't even know what to say. hjsfdfshdj. How is one not keen on Finding Nemo?

ReputationRep:
    My Jaw is literally on the floor. How is Wall-E [email protected][email protected][email protected]?

Wall-E is probably my favourite all-time animation film.

Wall-E is just an amazing experience. I think yoou guys must just be heartless.

On the other hand i enjoyed Finding Nemo. I'd put it at a deeent score but still below Wall-E.

Purely for stuff like this Nemo gets bonus points(But still way behind Wall-E)

ReputationRep:
    I like Finding Nemo, Dory is one of my favorite cartoon characters ever, but Wall E is better overall. It was so good even Gravity ripped it off a bit with the fire extinguisher

ReputationRep:
    Don;t watch much animation but have Wall-E on DVD, great film

ReputationRep:
    Wall-E was a bit dull to me, Finding Nemo on the other hand is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand how anyone can prefer Wall-E over finding Nemo. There's literally no contest here. Wall-E was a bore feat whereas Nemo I'd say was full of action

ReputationRep:
    Finding Nemo as I've not seen Walle.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    Wut. Do you even. I don't even know what to say. hjsfdfshdj. How is one not keen on Finding Nemo?
    Because it's not as good as Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Monsters Inc... and those are just from Pixar.

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    Wall-E is probably my favourite all-time animation film.

Wall-E is just an amazing experience. I think yoou guys must just be heartless.
    It's booooring. It's Silent Running all over again. I can do 'long but not much happens' but there has to be interest, and there isn't any.

From WP: "To animate their robots, the film's story crew and animation crew watched a Keaton and a Charlie Chaplin film every day for almost a year, and occasionally a Harold Lloyd picture" - I would far, far, far rather see any Keaton or Lloyd or even Chaplin film than see WALL-E again.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but WALL-E was not entertaining enough it was good in the beginning but once Eve was involved I lost interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Don't understand how anyone can prefer Wall-E over finding Nemo. There's literally no contest here. Wall-E was a bore feat whereas Nemo I'd say was full of action
    Wall-E had classic Characters like Wall-E and Eve though. And their emotions.

Nemo was more "fun & action" but i prefered Wall-E and would watch that again right now happoli. Have seen both twice already.
    (Original post by unprinted)
    It's booooring. It's Silent Running all over again. I can do 'long but not much happens' but there has to be interest, and there isn't any.

From WP: "To animate their robots, the film's story crew and animation crew watched a Keaton and a Charlie Chaplin film every day for almost a year, and occasionally a Harold Lloyd picture" - I would far, far, far rather see any Keaton or Lloyd or even Chaplin film than see WALL-E again.
    There's no Interest for Wall-E to find Eve? Or retireive the plant?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Just keep swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-E

(Original post by Juno)
    Just keep swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile

NO
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    NO
    Fine. Drown then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This one is a toughie for me.

I really enjoy both of the films, both of them heart-warming and fun to watch - I love the story of finding nemo; I love its characters (especially Dory ), and me and my friends are endlessly quoting the this film (which can't really be said as much for wall-e, considering it doesn't have that much dialogue).

As for wall-e, I find wall-e so cute and adorable. One thing I like about wall-e is the issues it touches on, such us our dependency on technology and robots etc., and how wasteful we are and it's effect on climate change and so on.

This decision is quite a hard one - but I think I've have to choose finding nemo over wall-e

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.