Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worrying blood pressure? Watch

I'm a very active 17 year old who exercises on a daily basis at a very high intensity and today my blood pressure reading was 141/79 at the hospital

This came as a surprise to me, as when I took my blood pressure last year at the GP I came under the optimal figure whereas i am now very high!?

My situation: Exams got me incredibly stressed, but these finished nearly 4 weeks ago so I can't see these playing a role. Additionally, this was just before a surgical operation and so I was naturally nervous. Also, there's this girl who I really like but had some problems with recently which has made me incredibly stressed and nervous (more stressed than exams) which is still getting to me.

Is my blood pressure worrying or is it due to my circumstances? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a very active 17 year old who exercises on a daily basis at a very high intensity and today my blood pressure reading was 141/79 at the hospital

This came as a surprise to me, as when I took my blood pressure last year at the GP I came under the optimal figure whereas i am now very high!?

My situation: Exams got me incredibly stressed, but these finished nearly 4 weeks ago so I can't see these playing a role. Additionally, this was just before a surgical operation and so I was naturally nervous. Also, there's this girl who I really like but had some problems with recently which has made me incredibly stressed and nervous (more stressed than exams) which is still getting to me.

Due to circumstances you say your active. 141 Is high should be 130 and not higher and 79 in fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Coming to TSR for medical advice...really?

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people have high BP just before surgery, it's a stressful situation. Get it rechecked at your GP in a few weeks if you are worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.