Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

sub way KFC and McDonald jobs part time for 16 year olds or 17????!!!!!???????!!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have jobs at these places (satuday jobs maybe 8 hours)

Also how was the interview like?

annd as for the jobs what did you actually have to do, was it just serving or actully cooking like frying, cutting things etc

was it harrd?

im looking for a job please help

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _s_m)
    hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have jobs at these places (satuday jobs maybe 8 hours)

annd as for the jobs what did you actually have to do, was it just serving or actully cooking like frying, cutting things etc

was it harrd?

Thank you
    Don't have a job at any of these but I went for an interview at McDonalds.

Was a group interview designed to see how you communicated and cooperated as part of a group (there were about 30 of us there) and we wrote answers on a piece of paper. Interview seemed heavily flawed in my opinion (no bias) and I didn't get the job.

The job I had applied for was just cashier work.

Any job is going to be hard when you first start there - you've got to learn everything within a couple of shifts and be competent at it too. Not to mention the fact that it's a customer-facing job, which is hardly easy sometimes. My first shift seemed fairly rushed as I tried to catch up to everyone elses standards, and then in my third shift I met my area manager and that threw a huge spanner in the works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _s_m)

was it harrd?

Thank you
    Hi,
    I currently work for one of the companies you mentioned. I've been here for a year and 3 months, so I think i've seen everything they can throw at me.

My interview was a group, we were split into two groups, 3 per group, and had to present to the other team as well as to the store manager.
    Both activities were presenting, first one was building a house out of straws and the other one was cutting up magazines to find pictures which could represent good and bad customer service.
    We then had a 1-1 interview where I was asked my availability, what I do at college and some of the usual stuff like how do I intend to provide great customer service and how I intended to travel.

The first shift I was a cleaner to put it politely which made me question is this job right for me whilst I am at college. Second and third shift, we were 'Training' in the staff room where we were learning the menu off by heart, which seemed stupid at the time but its essential.

I am a cashier primarily but I can do everything else aside from the kitchen area, when I am needed.

I was 16 when I got the job, I am now 18, so I've just had a pay.

The good thing about Fast food is that hours are plentiful if you need them, such as summer holidays, and there are enough people to cover your shifts if you can't do one. As well as the people, most people tend to be the same age and in the same boat so someone there is bound to have something in common as you, so its easier to make friends. It's also not boring like retail where stacking shelves is all you do (from what people have told me) Everyday is different, the pay isn't the best but a job is a job.

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.