Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 16 and I've got an interview for my old secondary school on Monday to become a programme/scheme where you are basically appointed as a Teacher Assistant, however it's mainly a relaxed job where you mainly help out during the busy exam periods - it may more 'full on' this year though/different as the scheme only started last year and this is from my own observations...

What questions can I expect from this interview? This is my first ever proper interview so I'm kind of nervous, yet excited!

These were the things we were advised to put on our personal statements when we applied (if it helps):
    • Why do you want to work with young children at the school?
    • What skills/qualities do you have to to help students make outstanding progress?
    • What experience do you already have with working with younger children?
    • Why do you want this job?
    • Why is this important for your future?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well they`ll probably provide scenarios/role playing and want to know what you`d do in that situation, so I`d advise practising that as they make ask e.g. if a child is upset or angry, how would you deal with the situation.
    I`d also say ensure you know what you added in your CV, and in regards to the skills and experience questions they probably will ask you that, either in the form of `why should we offer you this position` or something like that, a good technique is to answer with your skills and and example of where you showed these and the benefit. E.g. `I can bring my ability to work under pressure, for example when I worked at....(lets take the example of working in a shop/supermarket), during sales or christmas time the shop was busier and there were more customers to deal with, where I believe I carried out my duties successfully and continued delivering excellent customer service even at these busy times, upholding the reputation of the shop.`

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.