Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Before I start, I realise that noone will know for sure what a university will take exactly into account for accepting people, I'm just asking for your opinion

I'm going to be applying for the Biomedical Sciences BsC at Birmingham university, for which the typical offer is AAA-AAB. Biology is required and Physics and Maths are preferred.

My exams didn't all go so well. The grades I think I got are as follows (these are AS):

Physics - AB possibly AA
    Biology - AA
    Maths- BBC possibly BCC

I'm hoping and praying that they will at least offer me a conditional offer with these grades, because I plan on never leaving the house all year to pull those grades up to AAA next year.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    Before I start, I realise that noone will know for sure what a university will take exactly into account for accepting people, I'm just asking for your opinion

I'm going to be applying for the Biomedical Sciences BsC at Birmingham university, for which the typical offer is AAA-AAB. Biology is required and Physics and Maths are preferred.

My exams didn't all go so well. The grades I think I got are as follows (these are AS):

Physics - AB possibly AA
    Biology - AA
    Maths- BBC possibly BCC

I'm hoping and praying that they will at least offer me a conditional offer with these grades, because I plan on never leaving the house all year to pull those grades up to AAA next year.

What do you think?
    What matters is what your predicted grades are. If you are predicted the right grades then you will be considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    What matters is what your predicted grades are. If you are predicted the right grades then you will be considered.
    I'm a private candidate, so no predicted grades :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm a private candidate, so no predicted grades :/
    You will need to discuss this with the universities, who will expect to see predicted grades. Whoever provides your reference will have to supply something credible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    You will need to discuss this with the universities, who will expect to see predicted grades. Whoever provides your reference will have to supply something credible.
    My reference will have to be from my line manager at work... Do you think if I predicted my own grades based on what I get in AS, and my referee confirms them in his reference, that would be acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    My reference will have to be from my line manager at work... Do you think if I predicted my own grades based on what I get in AS, and my referee confirms them in his reference, that would be acceptable?
    You should ask the universities what they think about this, because they expect to see an academic reference from someone who has knowledge of your academic ability. There are ways round this, but it's not my field, since working in a school means we don't have this problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.