The Student Room Group

Maths and computer science (without further maths)

Is this possible? Which universities would I easily be able to do this course in without further maths?

If it is essential for me to do further maths or another option, how can I do this, Further maths is offered at my school but it is too late for me to opt in now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
bump
Reply 2
Original post by kkfjglnlsnkljngl
Is this possible? Which universities would I easily be able to do this course in without further maths?

If it is essential for me to do further maths or another option, how can I do this, Further maths is offered at my school but it is too late for me to opt in now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Are you going into lower 6th or upper? If it's the former, plead your case and try to swap within the first week. If it's the latter, plead your case and try and get them to let you do further maths AS.

It's possible to get into CS + maths without FM A2 but it won't be easy and you'll have a lot of catching up to do.
Not having Further Maths won't stop you from getting into Computer Science at university, but it definitely won't help. Additionally, the fact that you would have had the option to study Further Maths makes it look worse. If you can, do Further Maths AS in Year 13 or study it yourself. If not, you're going to have to find another way to demonstrate your passion for mathematics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending