Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could live anywhere, any place, what would it be? Why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you were able to pick any place to live freely, anywhere, where would you choose to live? Why?

ReputationRep:
    Long Island, New York. It's beautiful. It's got a national laboratory. Or Geneva. Again beautiful and CERN. communication might be a problem though
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Away from everyone else with a wife and internet.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to live in Canada. Mainly because it's got a cooler climate than America and I heard the people are nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Milan, not sure why but I'd just love to live there. Or Zurich/Vienna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahappydyl)
    I'd love to live in Canada. Mainly because it's got a cooler climate than America and I heard the people are nicer.
    To say Canada is cooler really is a vast generalization and also an accurate one, as Canada is a huge country with quite a diverse mix of climates. The climate of the east coast mimics ours in the UK, and in fact so does the east coast of the USA down to Boston until it gets more Mediterranean towards Colorado. But the climate in those central provinces, especially Ontario, is more extreme. Summer temperatures can soar to 40 degrees and winter temperatures can plummet to below -10 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Milan, not sure why but I'd just love to live there. Or Zurich/Vienna
    I'd take Zurich over Vienna and Milan in a whim should I need to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard Dawkins)
    I'd take Zurich over Vienna and Milan in a whim should I need to choose.
    Yea the idea of no income tax is pretty attractive for Zurich I have to say :P

ReputationRep:
    The climate of the east coast mimics ours in the UK, and in fact so does the east coast of the USA down to Boston until it gets more Mediterranean towards Colorado. .
    It really doesn't, their seasons are far more extreme than ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_al)
    It really doesn't, their seasons are far more extreme than ours.
    Yes which was precisely my point. The climate of North East Canada like Newfoundland is remarkably British.

ReputationRep:
    That's an easy one. I've always wanted to live somewhere in the American southwest. Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Arizona...somewhere in the middle of nowhere away from society, right in the heart of the beautiful, scorching, arid desert. The sheer beauty and serenity of it is quite difficult to match. I'd absolutely love to live there.

ReputationRep:
    Paris. Or Geneva.

ReputationRep:
    Yes which was precisely my point. The climate of North East Canada like Newfoundland is remarkably British.
    The largest town on newfoundland (St John) averages over 3 metres of snow a year. It's quite different.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to live in a big city. Somewhere like London, Paris, New York, Shanghai or Tokyo.

ReputationRep:
    I'd always want to live in a big city, mainly because I would love to work in a really large hospital.

However, if I could choose somewhere for a second home, then it would be somewhere in Canada, possibly near Jasper.

(Original post by namename)
      If you were able to pick any place to live freely, anywhere, where would you choose to live? Why?
      Somewhere fairly quiet and remote. Somewhere like *****, Shetlands or Barrow, Alaska.

ReputationRep:
      bora bora, beautiful and remote. just need a tent and fish and surf all day
      • Reporter Team
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      at the moment I'd like to live in Spain. Nice and warm, somewhere with some land to grow fruit and vegetables, but at least within a half hour's drive to the beach. It's the kind of lifestyle I'd really like, yet it's still close enough to hop on a plane and come visit relatives fairly often.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Reykjavik because its absolutely beautiful there plus they have the best butter and hot dogs in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Las Vegas or New York for sure because they're both incredible.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.