Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So I've been accepted onto a grad scheme that's posted me to Nottingham for my first year - never even been to the city before, very excited to move, but don't really have a clue!

Any advice on where I should be looking to live, or where I should be avoiding?

Anyone familiar with sites to look for room mates and any recommendations would be ideal as well!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGlover)
    Hey!

So I've been accepted onto a grad scheme that's posted me to Nottingham for my first year - never even been to the city before, very excited to move, but don't really have a clue!

Anyone familiar with sites to look for room mates and any recommendations would be ideal as well!

Thanks
    I used spareroom.co.uk when i was living in Wales but perhaps there are better websites. I'm also a graduate student but I preferred to apply to student accommodation.. Was it a good decision, i dont know...

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Thanks
    There's a good student-student noticeboard here, endorse by the university atm: http://www.netletnottingham.co.uk/no...rd/default.asp.

Anywhere around Nottingham is fine really. It used to have a crime reputation but that has massively decreased since (one of the most improved Forces in the country), and reasonable precautions make the world of difference

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Thanks
    Where are you working?

Good places to live are Sherwood, Mapperley, Beeston, West Bridgford.

Rough places are St Anns, Radford, The Meadows, Sneinton.

If you're not sure about a neighbourhood just ask. I've been to most places in notnum.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the responses! Where I'm working is actually a bit of a tricky one, first year is field sales so I'll actually be working territory in Nottingham and Leicester - so all over really! Although I have been advised on basing in Nottingham (whether that's for the work or the city I'm not sure!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the responses! Where I'm working is actually a bit of a tricky one, first year is field sales so I'll actually be working territory in Nottingham and Leicester - so all over really! Although I have been advised on basing in Nottingham (whether that's for the work or the city I'm not sure!)

Live in West Bridgford if you can then, its right on the A52 so the A1, A46, and M1 are easily accessible, its a smart area with great pubs, bars, cafes and shops, its a 30 minute walk from the city centre, and its got the cricket, rugby and football grounds.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.