The Student Room Group

Need part time job - not sure what jobs to apply for!

I have just finished my degree in psychology from Sheff Hallam, scraping a first. Have applied to study Cognitive Neuroscience (part time) and starting volunteer work with the NHS on a weekly basis.

My concern is that in order to fund my MSc I need to get a part time job. I am able to afford the first year, but need to raise the amount for the second year.

The job market seems somewhat bleak - can anyone recommend any jobs which I may be able to do.

Quals:
1st degree , 460 UCAS points; 360 from BTEC Sports Science, and C, D and E in English, History and Sports A/S lvls respectively.

Exp:
In hospital collecting patient opinions, and fundraising with numerous organisations.

Enjoy using computers, films, games, helping others.
Original post by hellodave5
I have just finished my degree in psychology from Sheff Hallam, scraping a first. Have applied to study Cognitive Neuroscience (part time) and starting volunteer work with the NHS on a weekly basis.

My concern is that in order to fund my MSc I need to get a part time job. I am able to afford the first year, but need to raise the amount for the second year.

The job market seems somewhat bleak - can anyone recommend any jobs which I may be able to do.

Quals:
1st degree , 460 UCAS points; 360 from BTEC Sports Science, and C, D and E in English, History and Sports A/S lvls respectively.

Exp:
In hospital collecting patient opinions, and fundraising with numerous organisations.

Enjoy using computers, films, games, helping others.

When trying to find a job, literally apply for EVERYTHING you can, be it management, clerical, or retail. Just apply! Some places are sure to get back to you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MalteseMalteser
When trying to find a job, literally apply for EVERYTHING you can, be it management, clerical, or retail. Just apply! Some places are sure to get back to you :smile:

That's great, will do. Thanks!
Reply 3
I would agree, I'm trying to find work at the moment as well and it is hard and competitive, so naturally your best option is just to spam loads of jobs and do whatever you can.

I would recommend looking online. One site that's been useful to me is the graduate recruitment bureau. They specialize in student jobs, both during term time and in the summer. I believe you need to sign up but it is free, check it out: http://www.grb.uk.com/student-jobs.0.html?sbm=6912

Good luck in finding a job though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending