Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'm quite new to all this and didn't want to jump in on someone else's thread so hopefully someone sees this!! I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me... yesterday I received a phone call offering me a place on a pgce course starting this September...so out of the blue! but I said yes ill take it. The only problem being that I am currently waiting on my maths results (maths has been the bane of my life for ever!) so my offer is conditional!! I'm just wondering if anyone else is currently sitting on conditional offers as I feel so stressed about not being prepared as I only received the phone call, worried I might not pass my maths and on top of this do I start looking for accommodation now or wait until I know for definite I've passed my maths and got a place!............ ahhhh issues issues issues lo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan1512)
    Hi All,

I'm quite new to all this and didn't want to jump in on someone else's thread so hopefully someone sees this!! I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me... yesterday I received a phone call offering me a place on a pgce course starting this September...so out of the blue! but I said yes ill take it. The only problem being that I am currently waiting on my maths results (maths has been the bane of my life for ever!) so my offer is conditional!! I'm just wondering if anyone else is currently sitting on conditional offers as I feel so stressed about not being prepared as I only received the phone call, worried I might not pass my maths and on top of this do I start looking for accommodation now or wait until I know for definite I've passed my maths and got a place!............ ahhhh issues issues issues lo
    Wait until you know for definite. You don't want to sign somewhere and then not get on the course.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I was thinking that but then I'm only going to leave myself about a month to find somewhere!!! nothing is ever straight forward lol!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan1512)
    yeah I was thinking that but then I'm only going to leave myself about a month to find somewhere!!! nothing is ever straight forward lol!!!
    A month is enough time. Most rented places come up a couple of weeks before they want someone in it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you for the reassurance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.