Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from Manchester Business School and Lancaster University Management School.

MSc Innovation management and entrepreneurship at MBS
    MSc Entrepreneurship, innovation and practise at LUMS

I have tried to read as much as possible about both schools, and as a result, I'm just confused :P Some say that Lancaster is supposed be really good, but in some rankings, Manchester is above, while again in other, Lancaster rates higher... I know one shouldn't take these rankings too seriously, but I'm not from the UK, so I am unfamiliar with these schools except from what I've been able to read.

It does seem like Lancaster is far better when it comes to student satisfaction according to NSS, which does seem important?

Any thoughts?
    Having a hard time making up my mind. If anyone have taken these courses, or been at those schools could you please share you opinion of it?

I would greatly appreciate any inputs!

ReputationRep:
    Both are good universities but Manchester is the better City to live in.

ReputationRep:
    Since you are applying just entrepreneurship courses, i bet you are an aspiring entrepreneur! Me too.

I have visited both Lancaster and Manchester. Alexafc12 is right. Manchester is a better city as Lancaster University is like a student town itself outside Lancaster city.

I am also applying for MSc international innovation (Enigineering) at Lancaster and will be going for interview later this coming week.

I met a few management students from Bath and Manchester and they are all very smart and impressive.
    I feel that Lancaster Uni focuses a lot on Small and Medium Sized companies. So, if your aim is to do start up after MSc, i would choose Lancaster.

Did you apply for MSc international innovation (Entrepreneurship)? We can be classmates! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktsglasgow)
    Since you are applying just entrepreneurship courses, i bet you are an aspiring entrepreneur! Me too.

I have visited both Lancaster and Manchester. Alexafc12 is right. Manchester is a better city as Lancaster University is like a student town itself outside Lancaster city.

I am also applying for MSc international innovation (Enigineering) at Lancaster and will be going for interview later this coming week.

I met a few management students from Bath and Manchester and they are all very smart and impressive.
    I feel that Lancaster Uni focuses a lot on Small and Medium Sized companies. So, if your aim is to do start up after MSc, i would choose Lancaster.

Did you apply for MSc international innovation (Entrepreneurship)? We can be classmates! =)

Hi, I'm applying for MSc international innovation (Entrepreneurship),and will have an interview this week. Have you already had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hey. So sorry for late reply. I had my interview 3 days ago. I received my offer and accepted it! How did you interview go? I hope we can be future classmates! I know a guy who will be doing the Entrepreneurship route. Hope to hear the good news from you soon! =)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Linnsi;48525645]I have offers from Manchester Business School and Lancaster University Management School.

Deffo come to Lancaster University, its not as big as Manchester of course but its much more student centered unlike Manchester which is quite big. Lancaster is very student centered and especially very safe and friendly environment for Masters/International Students! I did my Undergrad from there and had the best 4 years! Plus the rankings for Lancaster are growing really quickly. Plus if you want to go shopping to Manchester its not too far Hope this helps! Goodluck!

P.S Im also doing the same course in Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nan07)
    Hi, I'm applying for MSc international innovation (Entrepreneurship),and will have an interview this week. Have you already had an interview?
    Im the other guy KTglasgow mentioned Nice to meet you! Hopefully you had a good interview and will join Lancaster U. Hope to see you all soon! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktsglasgow)
    Hey. So sorry for late reply. I had my interview 3 days ago. I received my offer and accepted it! How did you interview go? I hope we can be future classmates! I know a guy who will be doing the Entrepreneurship route. Hope to hear the good news from you soon! =)
    Heyyy, sorry for late reply. I got my offer and accepted it this week. So glad to meet someone on the same course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raja021)
    Im the other guy KTglasgow mentioned Nice to meet you! Hopefully you had a good interview and will join Lancaster U. Hope to see you all soon! :cool:
    Nice to meet you "the other guy" . Nice to meet you too! Hopefully I can meet you and ktsglasgow soon!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.