The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lydster1
Definitely! Must be by Friday though cause that'll have been 2 weeks. At least they let us know the cut off nice and early.

Yeah but I'm under the impression for past years that people can get rejected/offered before we've even had our interviews :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosser1994
Yeah but I'm under the impression for past years that people can get rejected/offered before we've even had our interviews :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's definitely the case with undergrads
Reply 122
Do you mean that in past years people have been told they've met the cut-off and then been rejected even if they meet all the other academic requirements? I was under the impression that to qualify for an interview you need to have the correct gamsat score and predicted or achieved 2.2 as well as be a home student...? Is this not still the case?
Original post by Vitzy93
Do you mean that in past years people have been told they've met the cut-off and then been rejected even if they meet all the other academic requirements? I was under the impression that to qualify for an interview you need to have the correct gamsat score and predicted or achieved 2.2 as well as be a home student...? Is this not still the case?

Yeah they cut people now based on academic as well I believe
Reply 124
Yeah they cut people now based on academic as well I believe

Can I ask where you're getting that from?
I'm pretty certain they said at open day they only use the GAMSAT to whittle down the candidates for interview. I could very well be wrong however...
Original post by Zorg
Can I ask where you're getting that from?
I'm pretty certain they said at open day they only use the GAMSAT to whittle down the candidates for interview. I could very well be wrong however...

Well that's my understanding from what was said on the graduate thread, I know some of it can be just considered as rumours but when it's said a few times I kind of took it as truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting over here, too.....
Original post by Vitzy93

Yes that is the case, it must just be a case of sorting through all the academic criteria :smile:
Sorry that was really unclear! They interview on GAMSAT cut off alone, as long as you've met the academic criteria. They don't select interviewees by if you have a 2:1, 2:2 etc.
Sorry that was really unclear! They interview on GAMSAT cut off alone, as long as you've met the academic criteria. They don't select interviewees by if you have a 2:1, 2:2 etc.

Oh so then I'm essentially guaranteed an interview at some point? 64 GAMSAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh so then I'm essentially guaranteed an interview at some point? 64 GAMSAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that's my understanding, they should all be out by the end of this week. I'm the same, 63 Gamsat so just over!
Yes, that's my understanding, they should all be out by the end of this week. I'm the same, 63 Gamsat so just over!

I'm kinda thinking that 62 is probably the peak for it? Can't see it getting any higher than that if I don't get in this year?
I'll reuse 64 next year if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm kinda thinking that 62 is probably the peak for it? Can't see it getting any higher than that if I don't get in this year?
I'll reuse 64 next year if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think you're right. Interview finally came through! January 13th
Reply 133
Interview on 29th of January at 11am :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sweet, got my interview for Jan 29 at 11am.
Aaaaand I'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
What email address do the interviews come through guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What email address do the interviews come through guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you have multiple email accounts make sure you check them, mine came through to a different one from the one i used on ucas and everything else, i have no idea why but it was stressful
Just phoned st George's.. Apparently they've sent an email but I haven't recieved it
Interviews on the 9th of jan at 3PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Just phoned st George's.. Apparently they've sent an email but I haven't recieved it
Interviews on the 9th of jan at 3PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending