Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never Satisfied with holidays; always wanting more Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been on three holidays so far this year; that is to say that I've been to three different countries for a total of around 2 weeks. Sweden, Italy and Switzerland. Now I want to go to Canada but I have no money to pay for my flight which is £450. My sister said that I can stay with here in Canada for as long as I want to, as I did last year during my summer.

So I'm trying desperately to think of ways to quickly get £450. I've thought about selling games and stuff on ebay/gumtree but they wouldn't make a lot of money.

I don't want to stay in the UK again, in my boring house with boring parents. FFS! I want to go to Canada again!

I am so desperate to go...HELP ME!
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard Dawkins)
    I've been on three holidays so far this year; that is to say that I've been to three different countries for a total of around 2 weeks. Sweden, Italy and Switzerland. Now I want to go to Canada but I have no money to pay for my flight which is £450. My sister said that I can stay with here in Canada for as long as I want to, as I did last year during my summer.

So I'm trying desperately to think of ways to quickly get £450. I've thought about selling games and stuff on ebay/gumtree but they wouldn't make a lot of money.

I don't want to stay in the UK again, in my boring house with boring parents. FFS! I want to go to Canada again!

I am so desperate to go...HELP ME!

Moved to Travel

ReputationRep:
    Clear case of the travel bug! By all means travel all you like, but make sure it's within your means.

How old are you? Have you got a job? Remember you have all your life to travel, it doesn't have to be now.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job?

ReputationRep:
    Only way to make that money quickly is by getting a job or selling stuff. Or getting a loan from parents?

ReputationRep:
    Sell good or service for money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Find a job in a call centre or supermarket, work as much as you can (double shifts, picking up people's holidays, etc.) for a month or two and you'll have plenty of coin to travel.

ReputationRep:
    Work and get the cash or accept you can't go and build a travel fund so you can make the most of things. You've had three holidays so I'm not feeling that sorry for you...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.