Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I'm going into Year 11 so I will be leaving school June 2015 and I have to confirm my UCAS application progress in February 2015. I have recently done a work experience in an Outdoor Education center run by Oxford. I was originally planning on doing A levels and a local college. However now, I'm feeling an apprenticeship may be better suited to the career I want to do (Outdoor Education). Mainly be that I don't exactly want to study Outdoor Education for 2 years without having any experience bar the week for Work Experience in Year 10. Plus also the fact that you get payed is another reason why. However I would like having the college and University experience. Can anyone give me some advice on which path I should go down?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rmj99)
    Hello. I'm going into Year 11 so I will be leaving school June 2015 and I have to confirm my UCAS application progress in February 2015. I have recently done a work experience in an Outdoor Education center run by Oxford. I was originally planning on doing A levels and a local college. However now, I'm feeling an apprenticeship may be better suited to the career I want to do (Outdoor Education). Mainly be that I don't exactly want to study Outdoor Education for 2 years without having any experience bar the week for Work Experience in Year 10. Plus also the fact that you get payed is another reason why. However I would like having the college and University experience. Can anyone give me some advice on which path I should go down?
    I'd say go to college and do some a-levels. You'll be there for 2 years but you could always drop out after a year then go and do an apprenticeship. But it is just something for you to put down that you went to college and have some sort of a-levels.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.