Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand her. I really can't. Does anyone feel the same about any family member?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    I can't stand her. I really can't. Does anyone feel the same about any family member?
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate any of my family members. I do sometimes feel some disdain for some of them though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate anyone, I mean when we argue I say I hate them and some other mean things but I love them to death really, they're annoying as hell but I wouldn't have it any other way :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually hate her, or do you just get irritated by things she does?

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to feel like that when you're a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Do you actually hate her, or do you just get irritated by things she does?
    Not sure what the difference is but she is unbearable to spend time with. I feel so angry at her for so many things she put me through. I dream of having a different parent.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what the difference is but she is unbearable to spend time with. I feel so angry at her for so many things she put me through. I dream of having a different parent.
    Have you spoken to her about how you feel?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my dad sucks. Oxygen thief to the T.

ReputationRep:
    Try the Jeremy Kyle show

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    High five! But this is a temporary feeling for me sometimes
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My mum and brother.

ReputationRep:
    I love my mummy

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they hate you too, I hate you just from reading your posts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Give us some examples at least as to why you hate her so much.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you hate her. What makes you feel that way towards her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Yeah my dad sucks. Oxygen thief to the T.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't hate any family member that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    Finding her irritating would be like "I'll be glad to leave home and get some space, but I would hate for anything bad to happen to her". Hating her would be more along the lines of "I think she's a horrible person and she deserves everything that comes to her".

It is possible to both hate someone and to find them irritating, of course...
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You actually HATE her?

My mother and I have had some SERIOUSLY rough times, and even to this day we're as different as chalk and cheese, and find ourselves conflicting with each other if we spend too much time with each other, but I love her regardless.

I would be beyond devastated if any of my kids actually hated me when they got older.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What exactly has she done for you to hate her? Short of beating the **** out of you everyday and oppressing you, you should never hate your parents :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.