Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This new ExxonMobil event welcomes a variety of degree disciplines to a three day mind-stimulating workshop where you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as explore the career prospects at ExxonMobil. In addition, there will be networking opportunities which will include meeting students from other universities, placement students, recent graduates and their senior managers from ExxonMobil. A site tour will give you a unique insight into seeing what it’s like to work for the world’s largest publicly traded company, and here’s the best bit … it’s all free!
    Anyone else get the e-mail today saying they were accepted for the event? Rather pleased it came though today and I'm glad after all the application process I'm finally there.

So who else here can I expect to meet in Surrey this September? = )

ReputationRep:
    I am all excited.Cant wait to start reading law at Surrey.What are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah received the email yesterday. It is the one on 9-11th September right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibawahd)
    Yeah received the email yesterday. It is the one on 9-11th September right?
    Yep! That's the one. I'm rather looking forwards to it with the tour and getting some good contacts in the industry. What subject did you apply though? = )

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for me..sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Yep! That's the one. I'm rather looking forwards to it with the tour and getting some good contacts in the industry. What subject did you apply though? = )
    I study chemical engineering. How about you? Yeah looking forward to the event details in mid-August. Do you get any information from last year participants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibawahd)
    I study chemical engineering. How about you? Yeah looking forward to the event details in mid-August. Do you get any information from last year participants?
    I'm a 1st chemist myself at Durham so that's neat. I'm not going away this Summer really so for me this is my kind of Holiday, all expenses paid and meeting other students = )

I didn't know they did it in previous years really, my department only linked us to the event page about a day before the deadline so I don't think we had much time at all to investigate it and I was probably the only one to apply from my department for sure. But I've read a few books on Exxon and am eager to enjoy this and get some contacts. It isn't often at all I get a good excuse to leave the North!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting for the post? = <

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Rejection for me..sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, buddy. It was really competitive this year

Try again next year!

ReputationRep:
    Not long now. Anyone else out there getting the train down Tuesday morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Not long now. Anyone else out there getting the train down Tuesday morning?
    Will be taking the bus from Leatherhead train station

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.