The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply for an Art foundation course during clearing?

Ok so a few months ago I applied to a bunch of universities for Architecture but I was too dumb and did not apply for a few art foundation courses, just in case I don't get into uni.
By the time I thought ''hey maybe I should apply for an Art foundation course just in case I don't get into uni'' it was too late and most of the places who offer such courses were past their deadlines.

So yeah I was wondering if it's possible for me to just call up a bunch of universities during clearing to see if I can get into their Art foundation course? Or do their places fill up completely by their application deadlines because foundation degrees are different to undergrad degrees??
Original post by TheMoho
Ok so a few months ago I applied to a bunch of universities for Architecture but I was too dumb and did not apply for a few art foundation courses, just in case I don't get into uni.
By the time I thought ''hey maybe I should apply for an Art foundation course just in case I don't get into uni'' it was too late and most of the places who offer such courses were past their deadlines.

So yeah I was wondering if it's possible for me to just call up a bunch of universities during clearing to see if I can get into their Art foundation course? Or do their places fill up completely by their application deadlines because foundation degrees are different to undergrad degrees??

Foundation courses (which are different to foundation degrees, so be careful) are not administered by Ucas, so whether it's clearing or not has no relevance. Each college administers its foundation course separately, and has different deadlines and you can only know if they are full by asking them directly. Some will be, but some local colleges may not. As it's irrelevant to Ucas, there's nothing to stop you calling now and asking what the situation is. It's worth moving heaven and earth to try and get one now, because it's only free if you are under 19 and you will have to pay later on.
Our long established and popular School of Arts & Media has offered a foundation year for quite some time.

Successful completion of your foundation year leads on to a wide range of BA (Hons) degree programmes in Animation, Arts & Media, Film and Photography.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest