Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have completed my A levels and I want to take a gap year and apply for medicine if I get AAA. I have an offer to study chemical engineering at Manchester. However, I think I messed up one of my physics exam and I think i'll get A*AB instead of AAA. My gcse grades are 3A's, 3B's and 3C's. Is it worth resitting physics and apply for medicine or should I do chemical engineering and apply for the graduate entry into medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSEs and and any A-level resit, combined with the lack of work experience would heavily hinder you unless they is foundation and access courses to medicine you can apply to. As such doing an undergraduate degree, then applying as a graduate would give you the most chances I believe (not sure). However, chemical engineering is not related to medicine and does not look as good on a graduate application as a life science does to show consistent interest. You would have to successfully convince interviewers of why you changed from engineering to medicine. Also chemical engineering is a very hard course, that you need to have a fair amount of interest in to succeed. I suggest you really think hard beyond the money and prestige about what you want to do in the future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.