The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

wooooooooooo i'm in block c!! Let me just say yeaaaaaaaaay its well cool! i've got my keys and moved a lot of my stuff in already cuz i got a 50 week contract, bit of a rip off but its so gonna be worth it! We have an events manager and she has a good line up for the next 3 weeks. We've got welcom nights out for the next 3 saturdays running, and i'd deffo recommend going on these cuz firstly they were so fun but u can meet so many new ppl in one night! i went on the one in july and i'll be on them on the 9th and 15th sept hopefully! oo and free drinks! she has a comedian booked on the 17th of sept in the common room, shall be good! if your up for a good year....trust me it is going to be wild!!!
when u move in...look at the pictures up next to reception, hehe i'm on a lot of them looking a bit drunk but u will get an idea of what its going to be like for the whole year!
my name is katie, if u wanna know anything just ask me! its gonna be a year to remember guys....see ya there! xxx
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
oh yer...and there is a lift- dont worry. i know what u mean about the prices tho, thats the only bad thing abut the place. At least ur not in Liberty Park, its even more expensive there! but we can all be living on no frills together...the whole fun of it i guess! u wont need the internet that much...get the cheaper package...you'll be out having too much fun to bother with it!
Block A for me 413E (how much of a trek away does that sound!?!?!) I don't even have a clue where this place is either.
Block A is the one nearest to reception so u have the least of the walks. but its a tower block of 9 floors and all the roons overlook the courtyard. you should get a check in pack with all your information through in the next few days. :smile:
lil miss naughty
Block A is the one nearest to reception so u have the least of the walks. but its a tower block of 9 floors and all the roons overlook the courtyard. you should get a check in pack with all your information through in the next few days. :smile:

Oooo what's it like? Have many others moved in yet? I'm gonna ship some of my gear in next week probably. Actually I'm gonna for a nosey tomorrow so I guess I shall find out then! xxx :smile:
Reply 25
heya, so what's the difference between the blocks? and like yaz said have many people moved in yet? I'm in310A block C and i don't want to be like alone! lol, also could you you give us an idea of what the rooms are like? Cause i have a huge amount of clothes its not even funny and i need the bloody wardrobe space!
yea, i'm gonna be a fashion student and i'd say the amount of wardrobe space is rediculous!! get some storage boxes to put more clothes under the bed. difference between the blocks...there is non, every room looks the same and is the same size. the rooms are really lovely! to give u an idea i thought they looked a bit like an ikea bedroom. the bathroom reminds me of an aeroplane bathroom, but its still really nice.
people moving in....theres a few yea, when i went on the welcome night i met a few ppl but not seen them since then cuz we all went home and stuff.
310 A is a good place actually- 3rd floor up across the court yard. I'm in 707 room A, its next door to the kitchen! When are u both moving in? i'll come down and say hi. i'm moving all my stuff in properly next sat, cant wait!!! xx
Reply 27
anyone near block A 414C?
jonnyk9
anyone near block A 414C?

Aye... Block A, 413E all good

Reet I went and had a gange at the place/rooms etc today, I must say the rooms are rather small however there was more storage space than I thought (wardrobe, bedside cabinet thing, draws with the desk and if you lift your mattress up there's storage space under there) HOWEVER for all the girlies (and guys?) that have just stupid amounts of clothes to bring with them, such as myself there may be some issues?

The kitchen is quite spacey but the photo's on the website of the little lounge each place has is quite decieving because the one in the showroom was tiiiiiiiny. Not allowed a fridge in your room by the way either...

Blahdy blah blah there is a Chinese restaurant right next to place...Oh oh oh and apparently internet charges aren't included in any of the rent things, not even the ones through the universities? Well that's what the nice girl said when I went.

Ok ok enough of this rant, just thought I'd help to shed some light on the place for those who do not yet know.

xxx
well said sister!! jonny your living next door to yaz.
did u meet kaz in reception? blonde hair? shes cool!
Reply 31
cheers for that! what date ae you moving in?
lil miss naughty
well said sister!!

Lol PRAISE THE LORD and all that gospel stuff...ok anyway...

Um um well i'm taking stuff next weekend (went to Ikea today, like £200 on what seemed to be just cutlery and towels????? geeeez lol) and then will move in on the 16th/17th I reckon. How about you lot?
Is kaz the nice blonde one who has some kind of accent going on but I can't figure it out? If so then yup sure did :smile:
Reply 34
how are the floors done? is it a-I then room numbers?
[email protected]
Reply 35
ive just checked my contract there n it says im flat C in room 707.. how do i know what block that will be? think i might start bringing things down over the next week or so! how bigs the bathroom? just i wana buy a bath mat but i dont know what size to get haha
woooooah! hey roomie! i'm in 707 A! lol i met my flat mate on the internet haha thats wierd! so shocked!!! i've bought a normal size bath mat but i dunno if it will fit yet. I'm moving in properly on saturday but my mum wants to go today to take the "big stuff". i just really cant be a***d. Theres a night out organised on sat, shud be good if a lot of ppl go! emz...see ya soon! p.s i have lots of beer in the fridge hehe! xx
Reply 37
Woo! So many people in the tannery now! I'm moving in on the 15th cause my mum is going to visit friends in Salisbury so she's literally gonna dump me there lol so come visit me! I'll be roaming around block C and all the rest of it anyways to track down people to meet
come and knock on 707 when u have unpacked, at least there will be 2 of us there now hehe!
Reply 39
anyone else near block A 414C????

Latest