Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am i still not over him after 3 years? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's been a solid 3 years since I even spoke to him! And I find that at times i still miss him and think about him, like for example if I hear his name or something that reminds of him is mentioned.He doesn't dominate my thoughts all the time like before, it's better now but still. How will I get over this? Worst thing is that he never relaly even mine. We used to talk a lot. We could've been together but admittedly he was a bit of a jerk but i think i wasn't fair enough with him either... i think maybe i just need to talk to him to get some closure? What do u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AStudent321)
    It's been a solid 3 years since I even spoke to him! And I find that at times i still miss him and think about him, like for example if I hear his name or something that reminds of him is mentioned.He doesn't dominate my thoughts all the time like before, it's better now but still. How will I get over this? Worst thing is that he never relaly even mine. We used to talk a lot. We could've been together but admittedly he was a bit of a jerk but i think i wasn't fair enough with him either... i think maybe i just need to talk to him to get some closure? What do u think?
    You need to get with some other people and realise you're being silly.

ReputationRep:
    I think I realise that... I'm on this new religious thing so i don't really want to get close again to any other guy, plus I have intimacy issues when it comes to relationships. Not to mention I did have a huge crush on someone else for a few months but I don't like they guy anymore bcos he turned out to be an even worse jerk and I found that when i wasn't around him for too long i would easily forget about him.
    I just can't get over this guy that i haven't spoke to in 3 years. I think it's maybe because there was know real closure, i sort of ended whatever we had over whatsapp.... it was like we were together though... even he felt it... as i've been told.
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You need to get with some other people and realise you're being silly.

ReputationRep:
    *no real closure - excuse my poor spelling and grammer

ReputationRep:
    I think I realise that... I'm on this new religious thing so i don't really want to get close again to any other guy, plus I have intimacy issues when it comes to relationships. Not to mention I did have a huge crush on someone else for a few months but I don't like they guy anymore bcos he turned out to be an even worse jerk and I found that when i wasn't around him for too long i would easily forget about him.
    I just can't get over this guy that i haven't spoke to in 3 years. I think it's maybe because there was know real closure, i sort of ended whatever we had over whatsapp.... it was like we were together though... even he felt it... as i've been told.
    It really doesn't matter. When you eventually get close to someone else it will eclipse anything you think you felt for this guy. It's your choice to postpone that for religious reasons, remember that. You may feel the need to obsess over this person from three years ago until you get some more experience with other people.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks for that
    (Original post by Ronove)
    It really doesn't matter. When you eventually get close to someone else it will eclipse anything you think you felt for this guy. It's your choice to postpone that for religious reasons, remember that. You may feel the need to obsess over this person from three years ago until you get some more experience with other people.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks for that
    I understand ur feelings, what religion are you

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks FeelGood, I am a Muslim, my religion is Islam.
    (Original post by Feelgood123)
    I understand ur feelings, what religion are you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.