Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Gay, Worried I will never Find Someone :( Watch

• Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

I'm 20 years old and I am gay and I am worried that I will never find someone that actually loves me. I am on POF and people just want sex!!!

Everyone that I know is interested in girls and I don't tell many people (apart from the whole internet) that I'm gay and people don't guess.

Im so worried though, what if I never find anyone??

The joys of being a young, gay guy :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I think everyone worries that they'll never find anyone at some point and, for a gay person, that worry may last longer because there are fewer homosexuals than heterosexuals (I believe?).

I don't know what POF is; I'm guessing it's something like Grindr? (because you said people just want sex). I just try and think that there are people out there who want relationships instead of casual sex but they'll be difficult to find because they probably won't use Grindr etc.

Hope this is of some help. I wouldn't normally do this but if you want to PM me, then feel free If I understood what you wrote correctly, then we seem quite similar to be honest. (I'm 20 as well).

ReputationRep:
    There you go gandall! You've just been asked out ... So go for it!

I don't know what POF is either, but if it is as Dust94 describes then I agree with him.

Don't let the POF mentality rub off on you ... as it can get very easy to start using casual sex as a substitute for the things you long for.

Be patient. Stay strong. Maintain your integrity. Your self respect so ...

that special guy who is destined to be a big part in your life is already on a collision course with you.

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    I can agree with this, Grindr is cringey as hell, everyone just wants sexs and I only attract old men on it, so now I don't even touch the thing, online dating sites just attract sex hungry morons so now I've just accepted that I'll be alone haha. I'm 20 and soon moving to Bristol for uni so who knows who'll I'll meet there but not even thinking about the possibility.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.