Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i want to do either mechanical or chemiccal engineering and i want to know if i can do a level maths and extended buisness btec level 3 to get in to the course
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donyo)
    i want to do either mechanical or chemiccal engineering and i want to know if i can do a level maths and extended buisness btec level 3 to get in to the course
    Moved to engineering for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do an Engineering BTEC.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. So in short the answer to your question is yes you can do both courses if you wish but it is more work on your back. Now for the confusing bit, i would recommend that you only do a BTEC in the desired engineering sector as essentially from the extended diploma, which i have just completed myself, you gain 3 A levels equivalent in Mechanical maths, mechanical physics and engineering. I hope you make the right decision for yourself and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i did a level 3 applied science btec and im starting a foundation year for engineering. for entry onto the first year the unis wanted alevel chemistry and maths alongside my D*D*D* BTEC. email the unis to see what they think and include a full list of all the units you will be taking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.