ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... nothing at the moment, enjoying my holidays Awaiting A2 results, and if I get the grades I need, will be heading to Dentistry at Birmingham. Fingers crossed!

I'm interested in... a lot of things, I think my biggest love is films. One of the best feelings is just getting lost in a great film, for those 2 hrs. Nothing quite like it.

I'm thinking about... Not much, it's 4am, I should really head to bed.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpenedPencils)
    I'm studying... nothing at the moment, enjoying my holidays Awaiting A2 results, and if I get the grades I need, will be heading to Dentistry at Birmingham. Fingers crossed!

I'm interested in... a lot of things, I think my biggest love is films. One of the best feelings is just getting lost in a great film, for those 2 hrs. Nothing quite like it.

I'm thinking about... Not much, it's 4am, I should really head to bed.
    Hi, welcome to :tsr:

Good luck with your A2 results! You may want to have a look at this article; it explains everything you need to know wrt results day, and university!

Since you're so interested in film, I'll link you to the film forums, so you can have a look there.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Hi, welcome to :tsr:

Good luck with your A2 results! You may want to have a look at this article; it explains everything you need to know wrt results day, and university!

Since you're so interested in film, I'll link you to the film forums, so you can have a look there.

If you have any questions, just let me know.
    Aw thanks for being so nice, and helpful! Made feel all welcome and whatnot. I am guessing you are also a lover of Spotify then? I finally gave in and subscribed to their premium service the other month, it's 100x better without the ads!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks for being so nice, and helpful! Made feel all welcome and whatnot. I am guessing you are also a lover of Spotify then? I finally gave in and subscribed to their premium service the other month, it's 100x better without the ads!
    I prefer google play music personally. Though it is a bit expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    I prefer google play music personally. Though it is a bit expensive.

What pros does it have over spotify?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What pros does it have over spotify?
    Well they are all more less the same. Google play music has a tiny tiny bit better audio quality. But really it is just which user interface do you like and what company do you support. I'm a google kinda guy so pay a bit extra and use google play music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Well they are all more less the same. Google play music has a tiny tiny bit better audio quality. But really it is just which user interface do you like and what company do you support. I'm a google kinda guy so pay a bit extra and use google play music.
    Yeah, I do love Google too, but I am so used to Spotify now, don't think I can be bothered to switch over
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No problem at all that's what I'm here for

Yep, I do love Spotify; hence the choice of username. Every so often, I pop down to the local Morrisons and get a gift card - and hence a month or so of Premium subscription.

IMO, the premium subscription is worth having. No adverts, higher quality streaming - but the thing that does it for me is the offline playlist option.

Knowing that I can still access my playlists when I have no mobile signal, is a great tune to my ears.

The free version used to be even worse a few years ago; it had a 10 hour limit each month and a limit of 5 plays per track.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    The thing being, is it worth it? If the audio quality is a bit higher, then by definition, doesn't it require more data to stream the music? Which, if you only have a weak signal, or a 2G connection, it's going to take even longer to hear your music.

A question for you: does google music have offline capabilities?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    The thing being, is it worth it? If the audio quality is a bit higher, then by definition, doesn't it require more data to stream the music? Which, if you only have a weak signal, or a 2G connection, it's going to take even longer to hear your music.

A question for you: does google music have offline capabilities?
    Well on mobile I have unlimited data and everywhere I go there is good signal.

Yes it does. You can download the song/library/playlist for listening later I believe. Never needed it though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Well on mobile I have unlimited data and everywhere I go there is good signal.

Yes it does. You can download the song/library/playlist for listening later I believe. Never needed it though.
    Okay thanks for the info. I also have unlimited data, and although I can usually get a good 3G signal, it sometimes goes down to 2G which is no good at all for streaming.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.