Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Paper or laptop? And why?

ReputationRep:
    I never though it matter, I used paper but I have seen others take notes with ipads. Why? I am used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluctant Economist)
    Both
    Paper is good for quantitative based work, where as laptops are good for qualitative as you can edit more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsgirl2014;4956774i 9)
    Paper is good for quantitative based work, where as laptops are good for qualitative as you can edit more.

I usually use laptop for making quick notes on the lectures whether they are quantitative or qualitative. Easier to edit. Paper when I am lazy and have forgotten my laptop.

Although if you are just starting economics this year at uni would suggest keeping to paper for your mathsy modules. It's just basic stuff that doesn't need statistical programming. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Paper is a million times better for taking notes. You can draw things easily, scribble stuff down quickly - the important thing when taking notes is speed!

What I do is buy a small exercise book for each module I take, and just write my notes for each module in those little exercise books. That way I never lose my notes and they a perfectly in order for revision.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone every tried recording the lecturers voice, like through their phone? I havent done it, but I thought it would be good if you are writing a diagram and dont wanna miss out on what the lecturers saying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.