This discussion is closed.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Can anyone recommend an in-depth AS/A Level book which covers Edexcel's P1 and P2 specifications?

The thing is, I think i've really messed up my maths exams and need to re-take in November, and need a really good book to learn it all from over the summer - any ideas?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i can't really reccomend anything since they all cover the same topic. I just used the standard Heinemann books that the school provided. It does cover the syllabus well and there are some very challenging questions in the review exercises.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are the Letts...gets results the ultimate study guides, which covers all topics for every board. Also has model answers and exam practice questions. Another book for exam practice is the Letts A level exam practice books, which gives model answer for A grade and C grade candidates, and shows where they went wrong. It also has practice papers, with model answers.
They're decent books for revision. Hope this helps.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Surfing Hamster
Can anyone recommend an in-depth AS/A Level book which covers Edexcel's P1 and P2 specifications?

The thing is, I think i've really messed up my maths exams and need to re-take in November, and need a really good book to learn it all from over the summer - any ideas?
Has it crossed your mind to get hold of the course text book?

"Edexcel AS & A Level Pure Mathematics: Number 1 (Heinemann Modular Mathematics)"

"Edexcel AS & A Level Pure Mathematics: Number 2 (Heinemann Modular Mathematics)"

costing £8.99 each from Amazon or your local Waterstones.

It doesn't need to be any more in depth than that and the books will contain questions in the exam style for the Edexcel board.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (86)
27.74%
No (224)
72.26%

Watched Threads