Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Can anyone please help me by suggesting a good ITGS Extended Essay topic? I'm so confused!
    I was thinking of something related to online shopping but don't know exactly what.
    Suggestions please!

ReputationRep:
    I was ITGS HL student last year, I can recommend you don't stress about an essay topic too much, you can talk about e-waste focusing in one section like for example your school or class and can do some statistics about it and explain it, or maybe about drones, social media....I could give you advices if you tell me what are you interested in. This was my favourite subject last year and I learnt a lot so here am I if you need something.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am interested in something related to online shopping. Maybe the security risk for online shoppers? I know someone who works for a company like that, so I could get data from him. The problem is that I am not getting ideas as to what I can write about in this topic. Would it be a good idea if I take a survey from online buyers relating to their experience of online shopping? Then I can make a chart about it and explain it. But I need more ideas to write about... Thank you so much in advance for helping me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aashe)
    Well I am interested in something related to online shopping. Maybe the security risk for online shoppers? I know someone who works for a company like that, so I could get data from him. The problem is that I am not getting ideas as to what I can write about in this topic. Would it be a good idea if I take a survey from online buyers relating to their experience of online shopping? Then I can make a chart about it and explain it. But I need more ideas to write about... Thank you so much in advance for helping me!
    Alright! Online shopping, first you've to focus in one shop or company, if you already have one in mind, that's perfect. If you already have a person that can provide you data, DON'T forget to mention it on you EE, who is the person, where is he working, his job and if he can provide you a electronic letter saying that all the information that he is giving to you is allowed and legit. Don't worry about this too much, he just have to write like 2 or 3 sentences saying that he is giving you this info" this is because the copyright.
    I think you will have to mention about the https protocol as you have to say that is one of the important things to check out first before start buying through internet and also the alternatives that people have in order to make a payment like Paypal (credit cards, debit cards, etc), the identity fraud, e-commerce, unauthorized access.....
    Take a look at this: http://sumitsinhaitgsibschool.blogspot.com/
    Look at this past ITGS EE, is not very much related to your topic but can help you: https://extendedessays.wikispaces.co...Sample%20A.pdf
    also you can google ITGS EE examples or if your teacher did not provide you the ITGS Guide look at this: https://sites.google.com/site/rsteve...official-guide
    I really recommend you start in google "ITGS EE examples" "ITGS EE guides" etc... helps a lot.
    The online survey is a good idea, but make sure people can help you with it, when I was doing ITGS last year, some of my classmates did surveys but they did it in the class just focusing in an small number of people.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask me. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I have a topic already, I just need research question... I keep thinking about it, I wanna a good one ofc, so I was thinking maybe you have some thoughts... So my topic is female body picture in advertising. Feminism is closely interrelated with my topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdovi)
    Hey guys! I have a topic already, I just need research question... I keep thinking about it, I wanna a good one ofc, so I was thinking maybe you have some thoughts... So my topic is female body picture in advertising. Feminism is closely interrelated with my topic
    I don't know why but your topic sounds more like a TOK presentation instead of a ITGS EE. Maybe your research question could be something like "To what extent is it suitable to edit the female body to create an advertising?" You have to mention how the ITGS triangle is involved within your topic or research question http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculu...balSociety.cfm
    and mention the examples of social impacts and ethical considerations that suits best with your problem to resolve, focus on one advert to explain everything without getting confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJoyce)
    I don't know why but your topic sounds more like a TOK presentation instead of a ITGS EE. Maybe your research question could be something like "To what extent is it suitable to edit the female body to create an advertising?" You have to mention how the ITGS triangle is involved within your topic or research question http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculu...balSociety.cfm
    and mention the examples of social impacts and ethical considerations that suits best with your problem to resolve, focus on one advert to explain everything without getting confused.
    ohhh, silly me, it's for English... anyways, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi @iJoyce it seems that you are an expert in this ITGS stuff. So I am a first year IBDP student and currently taking my ITGS as an HL subject and as well as my EE. My situation is that I already have my topics and research question, it's just that the topic is not really what I like (Social Media impact on teenagers). I have already proposed another possible topics in gaming and football (which is my passion, the European football) but unfortunately I don't have a sufficient number of source. I would appreciate it if you help me to decide if i should continue with the topic that I don't really like or to think another possible topics that connects football or gaming into ITGS. I would really,really appreciate it if you reply this as soon as possible. Thank You!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.