The Student Room Group

"out of your league"

Scroll to see replies

I think you're a well matched couple, so ignore what people say. Plus even if she is out of your league, you're the one thats with her not them. And she wouldn't be with you if she didn't find you attractive
Reply 21
yes i guess i just need to embrace the fact that she is with me for a reason and that other people are probably just jealous. thanks guys for your advice
Reply 22
i heard when Tommy Robinson left the EDL. HE SAID HE WAS OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE!

GET IT:colone:
The whole idea of "out of your league" is dumb. If someone says that, just ignore them. They're probably jealous. Anyways, the most important thing is that both of you are happy. Btw, cute picture :smile:
Original post by miser
My advice would be to work out who you are as a person and become comfortable with that. Being totally secure in yourself is a very attractive and valuable thing. When you value yourself, you look after yourself - eating well, keeping fit, dressing well, etc. So when you do those things, it communicates that you have this self-worth.

Work out what your goals in life are and make steps all the time towards achieving them. Be someone who's going somewhere in life. Women are like talent scouts - they love guys who they think are going somewhere. Fill your life with the things you enjoy and have a positive outlook. Most of all, contribute value to the people around you.

These aren't easy things to do. You have to spend time to discover these things about yourself and work them into your life. You need to keep in mind that moving "leagues" is playing the long game - it's not an overnight process. It's about building your character into the person you want to be, which takes time. So there are no quick fixes and no guy on the internet can really do much to get you to do any of it, but if you believe that you're worth the effort, you will do it automatically. In my case, I know I'll meet my goals because I work towards them even on autopilot - they're just part of who I am.

If you're able to work out what you want from life and start seeing yourself making step after step in getting there, self-esteem, confidence and security will come naturally. These things can't be learned from a WikiHow - if they're going to be truly ingrained, they need to be organic.

So for the short-term, make sure you're eating right, dressing well, keeping fit and being social, but in the long-term you need to know what you want from life and start walking in that direction. That's what it takes to really change leagues.

I just wanted to say I loved reading your response, and has helped me too. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't put yourself in a league, but also don't put others into leagues, or act as if they're beneath you.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
This whole league concept is quite stupid , get money and it will shock you how easy girls become.

Yeah, like how mega rich kid Elliot Rodger was just swimming in gash eh?
srs I think the guy is more attractive than the girl.

Non-full homo.
That's what your jealous guy friends will say to try and get to you - ignore it.

She's not out of your league anyway.
Reply 29
Original post by hprew
i guess id never really thought about it being an issue until others started making me aware of it..

The fact that it wasn't even an issue and it previously had never crossed your mind shows you that there's actually no such thing as 'leagues' which limit who you can and cannot date/go out with :smile:
I'd say you're both equal. Seem like a standard couple to me.

But when an attractive girl is with some vastly fat and older guy or something though, there is definitely more to it and I don't care what anyone says. No way is she with him because he's a 'great guy', it'll be his bank balance.
Original post by miser
My advice would be to work out who you are as a person and become comfortable with that. Being totally secure in yourself is a very attractive and valuable thing. When you value yourself, you look after yourself - eating well, keeping fit, dressing well, etc. So when you do those things, it communicates that you have this self-worth.

Work out what your goals in life are and make steps all the time towards achieving them. Be someone who's going somewhere in life. Women are like talent scouts - they love guys who they think are going somewhere. Fill your life with the things you enjoy and have a positive outlook. Most of all, contribute value to the people around you.

These aren't easy things to do. You have to spend time to discover these things about yourself and work them into your life. You need to keep in mind that moving "leagues" is playing the long game - it's not an overnight process. It's about building your character into the person you want to be, which takes time. So there are no quick fixes and no guy on the internet can really do much to get you to do any of it, but if you believe that you're worth the effort, you will do it automatically. In my case, I know I'll meet my goals because I work towards them even on autopilot - they're just part of who I am.

If you're able to work out what you want from life and start seeing yourself making step after step in getting there, self-esteem, confidence and security will come naturally. These things can't be learned from a WikiHow - if they're going to be truly ingrained, they need to be organic.

So for the short-term, make sure you're eating right, dressing well, keeping fit and being social, but in the long-term you need to know what you want from life and start walking in that direction. That's what it takes to really change leagues.

Original post by miser
I don't think this idea of leagues is the best model for us to have, but I don't think it's total BS either. For most guys, good luck picking up a supermodel. The competition is too fierce. If you're a Championship team trying to play in the Premiership, maybe one in a thousand you'll win by fluke, but the reality is you're not going to have much success overall.

The bad part about this "she's out of your league" business is that it implies that you shouldn't try and that you should accept your station. People aren't born into a league and destined to never improve. If you want to play in the Premiership, improve yourself to the point that that's where you belong. Get in shape, get confidence, get a good career, be secure in yourself. Believe you're worth the effort and act that way, and over time you'll get there.

A lot of people are happy to settle though. Often the "she's out of your league" business is judgemental - if a friend says that to you, he doesn't have your best interests at heart. He doesn't want you to make it to the Premiership, because he thinks he's stuck in Championship forever. He's projecting his own insecurities and limiting beliefs onto you and expecting you to live by them too. Screw that. Become a high value person and you will be chosen by high value women.

P.S. I don't know anything about football so Premiership and Championship are the only leagues I know.

Damn. That was deep.

Seriously though OP she is not out your league. As many people have said there is no such thing as leagues which is debatable... But ultimately you don't go out with a girl just because she's attractive (mostly..) and it's the same the other way round. If she chose you, she wants to be with you. Anyone brings up the leagues, they're jealous :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You're practically the same, in fact you're probably better looking than you're girlf
Defo not out of your league , cause leagues don't exist.
Reply 34
Original post by hprew
i guess id never really thought about it being an issue until others started making me aware of it..

haha pretty much the same with most insecurities that I've had
Original post by hprew
the classic out of your league comment can mean so much. it can hurt someone or simply be a joke from friend to friend. i have recieved this 2 or 3 times and never really thought about it before me and my girlfriend got together some time ago.. i cant stand being told this as i am quite insecure as it is. i wondered if anyone has any advice on what they would do or any opinions on the matter. my girlfriend is beautiful i know that and i tell her pretty much every day. i have attatched the latest picture we took together in the sun :smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10455224_10152234860130885_3449925224149982584_n.jpg

She isn't out of your league. The problem here is you need to grow a pair and gain some confidence.

Women aren't all about looks, they like personality as well and many will overlook aesthetics for other qualities. But women (i realise I'm generalising here) mostly love confidence. A confident male can go from a 4/10 to a 7 or 8/10 by simply showing confidence.

Just be sure not to confuse confidence with arrogance.
Yeah your friends were joking about...shame how such silly comments can have such an affect on people. Anyway dont worry too much about them OP.....she's with you for a reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending