Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I used to be incredibly close to this girl we were best friends.I felt like she was such an amazing person and that she helped me become a more confident person.I became so fond of her and we used to do literally everything together. Anyway after a while unknowingly to me she wasn't happy with our friendship and told me she just wanted to hang out with other people.I know this kind of sounds like it was some sort of romantic relationship lol ( we were just spending too much time together) anyway I felt really stupid after because I had sort of left my other friends to become her friend but she ended up just dumping me.I felt like I had no one else left.I started feeling so guilty about how I acted with my other friends.One of my close childhood friends, I became les close with her and I used to always talk about my so called new friend with her.

Anyway my childhood friend, I felt like I was running back to her as I realised I had made a huge mistake and honestly she was a really good friend.I did some silly things though and backchateted about my childhood friend to another girl in an email, I was just angry with her about something and then I just strated saying horroble things about her in an email, I didn't think it was a big deal, as I never thought she would see the email.She some how hacked into one or our accouts and read it.

Anyway long story short, my childhood friend's brother is alwaso my brother's friend, I basically feel so stupid about the whole thing to tis day, that I ruined such a good friendship ( with my orignal childhood friend) over something silly.I feel like she wants nothing to do with me.Even though she did speak to me after and we kind of got over it.I feel like she is distant now.

I feel horrible about this whole situation, but I have learnt so much from it, NEVER TALK BEHIND YOUR FRIENDS BACK NO MATTER HOW ANGRY YOU ARE AT THEM.I don't know if I can make his situation right.I feel like I have no close friends, shall I try and talk to my childhood friend again as perhaps I am worrying over nothing, but I want to show her I'm not the bad person she might think I am.She has all these other friends now so I feel like she wouldn't even care anymore about me.And another thing is that I have no way to contact her, she does live nearby, but I feel like I can't just pop by because I havent' been to her house in like 10 years! She isn't on facebook either.What do I do?

Sorry this was soo long

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't make a head and a tail of this

ReputationRep:
    huh? Can you explain that again?

ReputationRep:
    After how you treated your childhood friend, it will take A LOT of time to build a trust and for her to take you back.

How about you send a letter to her house asking if a time can be arranged to talk to you? If she spoke to you after the friendship ended, she can certainly speak to you again.

(Original post by stargirl63)
    huh? Can you explain that again?
    OH I didn't realise I was just blabbing there and making no sense....Basically My childhood friend found out I said something about her in an email.It's been years but I still remember her and my family is always asking me why I don't keep in contact with her.I felt like I never got a chance to make things right with her, but I feel like even if I tried she might not want anything to do with me.I feel really embarrassed that I was talking about her I never thought she would hack into my other friends account and read the emails.Anyway now she seems to want nothing to do with me.Her family invites my brother to her brother's wedding but not me,even though we were talking after the incident happened I guess because I never apologised properly.We have alot of memories together and I feel quite sad that I'm shut out of her life, and I suspect she doesnt give a damn about me after what I said about her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OH I didn't realise I was just blabbing there and making no sense....Basically My childhood friend found out I said something about her in an email.It's been years but I still remember her and my family is always asking me why I don't keep in contact with her.I felt like I never got a chance to make things right with her, but I feel like even if I tried she might not want anything to do with me.I feel really embarrassed that I was talking about her I never thought she would hack into my other friends account and read the emails.Anyway now she seems to want nothing to do with me.Her family invites my brother to her brother's wedding but not me,even though we were talking after the incident happened I guess because I never apologised properly.We have alot of memories together and I feel quite sad that I'm shut out of her life, and I suspect she doesnt give a damn about me after what I said about her.
    You owe her an apology regardless even if it's too little too late.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.