Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Im thinking of studying psychology at university and have decided to take psychology, history and religious studies at a-level.
    Do you think these subjects are likely to earn me a place at university (if good grades are achieved)?
    Did you study any of these subjects? And if so how did you find them?
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemmaMatthews)
    Hi!
    Im thinking of studying psychology at university and have decided to take psychology, history and religious studies at a-level.
    Do you think these subjects are likely to earn me a place at university (if good grades are achieved)?
    Did you study any of these subjects? And if so how did you find them?
    Any advice would be much appreciated!
    These seem like a good combination of A levels especially if you get good grades in them. But have you considered Biology, that is something a lot of students studying Psychology (that I know of) take because there is a biological aspect to Psychology? Just thought it might be something you should consider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouieSax)
    These seem like a good combination of A levels especially if you get good grades in them. But have you considered Biology, that is something a lot of students studying Psychology (that I know of) take because there is a biological aspect to Psychology? Just thought it might be something you should consider?
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    I have considered biology but unfortunately the college I am planning to attend asks that you take double science at GCSE but I only took single.

ReputationRep:
    They are fine yes. Clearly Psychology is needed, History may lend well as it is an essay subject, that's self-explanatory. Personally, if I were you I would consider exchanging R.S. as I don't think it will prepare you for Psychology, however if this is a subject which you enjoy then you could possibly take it to AS and do 4 AS levels and carry on with 3 at A2? And as the other person suggested Biology would be great, especially Human Biology (which is what I am doing along with Psychology, French and Literature).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemmaMatthews)
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    I have considered biology but unfortunately the college I am planning to attend asks that you take double science at GCSE but I only took single.
    You could e-mail them and tell them your situation and ask for advice. They may allow you to take GCSE Biology Additional or Triple level throughout the year but you have to ask. (:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say consider Biology and Maths as without them you're limiting yourself on the amount of universities that will accept you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you won't get into an RG psych. course without maths lelelel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.